03-29-2017 11:16 AM - last edited on 03-30-2017 12:10 PM by RogersPrasana
Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Galaxy S line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this morning announced the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+!. The device has a breathe taking new design which includes 88% screen ration, S8 is 5'7 inch screen and the S8+ is 6'2 inch screen, Fingerprint sensor on the back and new Snapdragon processor. Also comes in different colors and includes more features!!
1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Click on the account you want to access ( Some have multiple accounts ) - click on your number ( if you have multiple numbers) - scroll down and click on Device Reservation. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want and it wil,l show you a list which will include the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ in Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues . The reservation list is different statues and numbers for all models / colors and groups ( Business, Consumer and pre orders have different line ups and numbers.)
- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them or going to the store. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online. The store can help you log into ur account and let u do it but there is no pre order list in store.
2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.
3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.
4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.
Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help
EDIT - The phone is available in Midnight Black and Orchid Gray in Canada. Maple Gold, Tactic Silver and Coral Blue, along with Midnight Black and Orchid Gray colour variants will be available in the U.S. and other markets.
So sadly we are only getting the Midnight Black and Orichrd Gray in Canada. Later on we will get the other colors hopefully.
EDIT 2 - In Canada the S8 is set to start at $1,035 CAD with the S8+ costing $1,115. Carrier pricing is not avialable at the moment. Soon it will be.
EDIT 3 - April 21st is when the S8 / S8+ will be launched!
04-22-2017 07:53 PM
I have a question when will be a s8 coral blue coming out
04-22-2017 08:14 PM
04-23-2017 03:16 AM
If I found this thread before I preordered I would have never done it, I would have waited for release day.
04-23-2017 05:46 AM
04-23-2017 06:40 AM
04-23-2017 06:42 AM - edited 04-23-2017 07:18 AM
04-23-2017 09:32 AM - edited 04-23-2017 09:50 AM
04-23-2017 09:42 AM
04-23-2017 09:53 AM
04-23-2017 10:10 AM
04-23-2017 10:17 AM
04-23-2017 05:42 PM
I pre-ordered mine on April 11th. Just did a quick chat with a Rogers rep and my status is still "pending". I know I pre-ordered a little late for the S8+, but I was expecting a bit quicker. I knew I would get it before launch, but after hearing that they are waiting on the S8+ models with no ETA...Hopefully not too much longer. I have a dying OnePlus One that's getting worse by the day.
04-23-2017 06:51 PM
So I got an update on April 15th that I was #294 of 307. I also received a login. The login does not work. Everytime I try to use it, it tells me I need to change my password, and when I do and try to login, the screen simply refreshes and does not log in, and no error message.
I've also not received any other updates since April 15th, and was told over the phone that my order isn't even in the system, however technical support confirmed that it still is...
What the heck is going on with this?!
04-23-2017 06:58 PM - edited 04-23-2017 06:58 PM
Does anyone here know where to find the Otterbox Alpha Glass for the S8+ in Toronto?
I went to Best Buy, Staples, Rogers and others but it seems like I may have to order it online.
Fun fact: The Best Buy description for the S8+ Otterbox states it comes with a screen protector. It does not so be advised they are misleading people.
04-23-2017 07:02 PM
04-23-2017 07:03 PM
04-23-2017 07:03 PM
04-23-2017 07:04 PM
04-23-2017 07:07 PM
04-23-2017 07:08 PM
I love Otterbox. I love Otterbox. I love Otterbox.
04-23-2017 07:52 PM - edited 04-23-2017 07:53 PM
Thanks @Meowmix this worked. My order is #0 out of 0.. It says 3 different things.
1) Order is PENDING. Additional information is requested. Please contact Customer Support for more details
Then there is a chart below and it says
2) "Status Columns" - Order In Progress (Activation)
3) "Updated status column" - Pending Activations
Really frustrating... Do you know what this stuff means?