Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

@Meowmix

I would count yourself lucky that they are exchanging your phone.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

Oh i am. After how the rep was telling me off infront of customers, blaming me and such and actually having proof that I contacted Samsung Canada about this ( i have emails and photos sent to them) and having the manager looking at it. The manager had no choice in that matter. He just didn't want me and the rep to fight that's all. The store never opened the phone as their protocol and thus can not prove I did it or the manufacturing did it. So the store manager just said return it on Monday when I go in and I'll go to another store and get it from there and have them check it before I leave. When I called the other store, the rep said that the store I went to at first, has had issues with this where the reps always will blame the customers and never open the phones to check them out.

Anywaus I am lucky enough that it will be returned back and getting another one. Just the hassle isn't worth it though.
I Plan to Stick Around

Wow... I'm sorry to hear you had to go through all that . Meowmix. Thankfully you get to exchange it at the end of all this nonsense. Can you tell us which store this is so everyone can avoid it? Hopefully people like us who's getting the phone delivered to our homes receive a scratch/mark free screen... Anyone who received the phone in the mail how's the condition of the device?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Jk1m

Thanks. Honestly If the rep was more nicer I could understand but he pulled the " you could have out the phone flat down and caused it" and "it's not our responsibility that u damaged the phone" blaming the customer and not being helpful at all. I had to raise my voice which i shouldn't have but the manager was nice and willing to do the return and go back to another store and get it. It's the one on Pape and Danforth. The store manager and the other follow that was wearing a blue shirt were amazing. Just that one rep killed it for me and made me feel like I did something when I didn't.

Hopefully all ur phones are good condition!
I Plan to Stick Around

I pre-ordered mine on April 11th.  Just did a quick chat with a Rogers rep and my status is still "pending".  I know I pre-ordered a little late for the S8+, but I was expecting a bit quicker.  I knew I would get it before launch, but after hearing that they are waiting on the S8+ models with no ETA...Hopefully not too much longer.  I have a dying OnePlus One that's getting worse by the day.  

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

So I got an update on April 15th that I was #294 of 307. I also received a login. The login does not work. Everytime I try to use it, it tells me I need to change my password, and when I do and try to login, the screen simply refreshes and does not log in, and no error message.

I've also not received any other updates since April 15th, and was told over the phone that my order isn't even in the system, however technical support confirmed that it still is...

What the heck is going on with this?!

I Plan to Stick Around

Does anyone here know where to find the Otterbox Alpha Glass for the S8+ in Toronto?

I went to Best Buy, Staples, Rogers and others but it seems like I may have to order it online. 

Fun fact: The Best Buy description for the S8+ Otterbox  states it comes with a screen protector. It does not so be advised they are misleading people. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RAwhite1987

You have to order it via Otterbox sadly. Unless Pacific mall has them.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Matubah

Its a know issue that the system is doing this sadly. Have you tried using Internet Explorer?
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix do you know if they US Dollars? I presume they do.