cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!Smiley Happy

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Galaxy S line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this morning announced the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+!. The device has a breathe taking new design which includes 88% screen ration, S8 is 5'7 inch screen and the S8+ is 6'2 inch screen, Fingerprint sensor on the back and new Snapdragon processor. Also comes in different colors and includes more features!! 

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Click on the account you want to access ( Some have multiple accounts ) - click on your number ( if you have multiple numbers) - scroll down and click on Device Reservation. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want and it wil,l show you a list which will include the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ in Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues . The reservation list is different statues and numbers for all models / colors and groups ( Business, Consumer and pre orders have different line ups and numbers.)

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them or going to the store. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online. The store can help you log into ur account and let u do it but there is no pre order list in store.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help Smiley Happy

EDIT - The phone is available in Midnight Black and Orchid Gray in Canada. Maple Gold, Tactic Silver and Coral Blue, along with Midnight Black and Orchid Gray colour variants will be available in the U.S. and other markets. 

So sadly we are only getting the Midnight Black and Orichrd Gray in Canada. Later on we will get the other colors hopefully. 

EDIT 2 - In Canada the S8 is set to start at $1,035 CAD with the S8+ costing $1,115. Carrier pricing is not avialable  at the moment. Soon it will be. 

EDIT 3 - April 21st is when the S8 / S8+ will be launched!

***Edited Labels***

2,931 REPLIES 2,931

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

kh29
I plan to stick around

I have a question when will be a s8 coral blue coming out

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kh29

Unfortunately there is no word from Samsung Canada or the carriers within Canada when the Coral blue or other colors. Most likely in a month to months time.

LioGetz
I've been here awhile

@Meowmix

If I found this thread before I preordered I would have never done it, I would have waited for release day. 

sabesh
I plan to stick around
@ Meowmix

Sorry to hear that. I hope that it all works out.
Was the box sealed when you picked it up?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @LioGetz

No worries. Just keep that in mind for next time.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @sabesh

The box was sealed shut. The store reps are trained to open the boxes to make sure no damage is not the device. My rep just asked me " u want a new sim or use ur existing one" i said I'll use mine and never bothered to open the box or anything. So i can't be put blame on that. Second some buy phones and never open then until a day or so later. Some don't notice the damage until a day or so later. So The rep in store tried to blame it on me saying how i never opened it in store and how I did it. Next thing I told his manager is that he should never blame the customer and that's the #1 thing he knows not to do. I guess the store reps are told to always blame the customers no matter what..

Told the manager how upset I was and how much money this device is and how it came like that and just noticed after I took the screen protector off a couple days later. He seemed annoyed on this situation but the store manager will do the refund and then gotta go to the other Rogers store to get the other one. They are tiny marks on the left and right side of the glass ontop and underneath the screen.( looks like it was dropped on that side during manufacturing and never was seen). The rep tried to tell me that it won't affect the usage of the phone. He must be insane as if the phone drops or put pressure on that spot, it can expand the damage more or start a crack. Even the Samsung Experience store rep on the phone told me this and the other store Rogers reps over the phone. I had to fight with this rep as he wouldn't understand. Thankfully his manager looked at the device and if i didn't say I would contact the Office of the President and ur district manager and let them know this situation, his manager and him most likely wouldn't have accepted it but the manager did. I had no choice but to say that. At that point as all of u, u would have been upset and . . I felt bad as the rep the customer right beside me getting a new phone as she was watching all this.

Just a hassle to do everything over again but I wanted to let everyone know just incase something like this does happen to someone else.

raymondtrudeu
I plan to stick around
Well I'm still waiting for mine it's still says in progress on the Rogers website hopefully Monday or Tuesday I'll get it my question is still with the camera i looked at the s8 plus in the store when taking a picture with the camera I notice it doesn't fill the whole screen like my Note 4 does is there a way that you can fill the whole screen probably by lowering the resolution has anyone tried it

wpd1
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix

I would count yourself lucky that they are exchanging your phone.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Oh i am. After how the rep was telling me off infront of customers, blaming me and such and actually having proof that I contacted Samsung Canada about this ( i have emails and photos sent to them) and having the manager looking at it. The manager had no choice in that matter. He just didn't want me and the rep to fight that's all. The store never opened the phone as their protocol and thus can not prove I did it or the manufacturing did it. So the store manager just said return it on Monday when I go in and I'll go to another store and get it from there and have them check it before I leave. When I called the other store, the rep said that the store I went to at first, has had issues with this where the reps always will blame the customers and never open the phones to check them out.

Anywaus I am lucky enough that it will be returned back and getting another one. Just the hassle isn't worth it though.

Jk1m
I plan to stick around
Wow... I'm sorry to hear you had to go through all that . Meowmix. Thankfully you get to exchange it at the end of all this nonsense. Can you tell us which store this is so everyone can avoid it? Hopefully people like us who's getting the phone delivered to our homes receive a scratch/mark free screen... Anyone who received the phone in the mail how's the condition of the device?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Jk1m

Thanks. Honestly If the rep was more nicer I could understand but he pulled the " you could have out the phone flat down and caused it" and "it's not our responsibility that u damaged the phone" blaming the customer and not being helpful at all. I had to raise my voice which i shouldn't have but the manager was nice and willing to do the return and go back to another store and get it. It's the one on Pape and Danforth. The store manager and the other follow that was wearing a blue shirt were amazing. Just that one rep killed it for me and made me feel like I did something when I didn't.

Hopefully all ur phones are good condition!

DeanD
I plan to stick around

I pre-ordered mine on April 11th.  Just did a quick chat with a Rogers rep and my status is still "pending".  I know I pre-ordered a little late for the S8+, but I was expecting a bit quicker.  I knew I would get it before launch, but after hearing that they are waiting on the S8+ models with no ETA...Hopefully not too much longer.  I have a dying OnePlus One that's getting worse by the day.  

Matubah
I've been here awhile

So I got an update on April 15th that I was #294 of 307. I also received a login. The login does not work. Everytime I try to use it, it tells me I need to change my password, and when I do and try to login, the screen simply refreshes and does not log in, and no error message.

I've also not received any other updates since April 15th, and was told over the phone that my order isn't even in the system, however technical support confirmed that it still is...

What the heck is going on with this?!

RAwhite1987
I plan to stick around

Does anyone here know where to find the Otterbox Alpha Glass for the S8+ in Toronto?

I went to Best Buy, Staples, Rogers and others but it seems like I may have to order it online. 

Fun fact: The Best Buy description for the S8+ Otterbox  states it comes with a screen protector. It does not so be advised they are misleading people. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RAwhite1987

You have to order it via Otterbox sadly. Unless Pacific mall has them.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Matubah

Its a know issue that the system is doing this sadly. Have you tried using Internet Explorer?

RAwhite1987
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix do you know if they US Dollars? I presume they do. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @DeanD

Yeah it seems many stores never got the S8+ in stock. I was lucky enough to find one store in Toronto (Rogers store) that has 1 gray and One black which they are holding for me due to a issue I am having.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RAwhite1987

Most likely US dollars 😞

RAwhite1987
I plan to stick around

I love Otterbox. I love Otterbox. I love Otterbox. Smiley Sad

Matubah
I've been here awhile

Thanks @Meowmix this worked. My order is #0 out of 0.. It says 3 different things.

1) Order is PENDING. Additional information is requested. Please contact Customer Support for more details

Then there is a chart below and it says

2) "Status Columns" - Order In Progress (Activation)
3) "Updated status column" - Pending Activations

Really frustrating... Do you know what this stuff means?