Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @sk8one

I'm Pretty sure Samsung will be notified as i already called them and told them.. The rep said that's fine. Even the same store rep said it couldn't be a problem as i am still getting another S8+ just returning mine. He said in those cases they will honour it.

I'm more upset I have to redo everything again lol.

EDIT - Samsung head manager called me and let me know it's fine as i already registered my original one. Once you sign into ur pre order one, it's fine. So looks like I'm still getting it. Called the Samsung Experience store and they said the same as well.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

So to get the vr, you just set up your phone? Is there any confirmation of the vr being sent i am not sure if I completed the process correctly
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Kyleck1990

Once you do the pre order form online and then log into ur Samsung account on ur pre ordered S8 or S8 Plus, you will be getting a email saying the device has been registered. Once that has been added to ur account, u won't get anything else until u get a shipment email from UPS.
I Plan to Stick Around

I have a question when will be a s8 coral blue coming out

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @kh29

Unfortunately there is no word from Samsung Canada or the carriers within Canada when the Coral blue or other colors. Most likely in a month to months time.
I've Been Here Awhile

@Meowmix

If I found this thread before I preordered I would have never done it, I would have waited for release day. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@ Meowmix

Sorry to hear that. I hope that it all works out.
Was the box sealed when you picked it up?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @LioGetz

No worries. Just keep that in mind for next time.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @sabesh

The box was sealed shut. The store reps are trained to open the boxes to make sure no damage is not the device. My rep just asked me " u want a new sim or use ur existing one" i said I'll use mine and never bothered to open the box or anything. So i can't be put blame on that. Second some buy phones and never open then until a day or so later. Some don't notice the damage until a day or so later. So The rep in store tried to blame it on me saying how i never opened it in store and how I did it. Next thing I told his manager is that he should never blame the customer and that's the #1 thing he knows not to do. I guess the store reps are told to always blame the customers no matter what..

Told the manager how upset I was and how much money this device is and how it came like that and just noticed after I took the screen protector off a couple days later. He seemed annoyed on this situation but the store manager will do the refund and then gotta go to the other Rogers store to get the other one. They are tiny marks on the left and right side of the glass ontop and underneath the screen.( looks like it was dropped on that side during manufacturing and never was seen). The rep tried to tell me that it won't affect the usage of the phone. He must be insane as if the phone drops or put pressure on that spot, it can expand the damage more or start a crack. Even the Samsung Experience store rep on the phone told me this and the other store Rogers reps over the phone. I had to fight with this rep as he wouldn't understand. Thankfully his manager looked at the device and if i didn't say I would contact the Office of the President and ur district manager and let them know this situation, his manager and him most likely wouldn't have accepted it but the manager did. I had no choice but to say that. At that point as all of u, u would have been upset and . . I felt bad as the rep the customer right beside me getting a new phone as she was watching all this.

Just a hassle to do everything over again but I wanted to let everyone know just incase something like this does happen to someone else.
I Plan to Stick Around

Well I'm still waiting for mine it's still says in progress on the Rogers website hopefully Monday or Tuesday I'll get it my question is still with the camera i looked at the s8 plus in the store when taking a picture with the camera I notice it doesn't fill the whole screen like my Note 4 does is there a way that you can fill the whole screen probably by lowering the resolution has anyone tried it