Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @RAwhite1987

Oh believe me i know. Unfortunately if you return the device back to Rogers, Rogers will notify Samsung and they will send a email to that person asking them to return it. Samsung's fine print shows that if u return the phone, u return the Gear VR and controller as well. Same with all carriers.
I Plan to Stick Around

Business customer as many know.  I was 27 for s8+ OG and I'm now 7. I hope they were telling the truth.  lol  Next week for me!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @comcry

Seems like next week for sure is for u!
I Plan to Stick Around

I am also a Business order.   I was 26 now 6.   But it has not changed since 3:30 so I think thats it for the weekend 😞

Samsung keeps sending me reminders about activating to get my free VR Gear 🙂   they know how to hurt a guy.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I get the email once a week telling me my spot but how do i check my status for the the pre order?
I Plan to Stick Around

If you are a non business customer, just log onto your Rogers account.  Go to services and it should be there under upgrade.

If you are a business cutomer there is a link sent to you on your confirmation email.

@Pusateri wrote:
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Pusateri

Are u a business, corporate or consumer? We need to know.
I've Been Here Awhile

This is the first and most likely the last time I pre-order a phone. I pre-ordered on the first day, decided 2 days later I wanted the black version and called to change my order. customer service could not find the order, even the confirmation number I was given when I made the order could not be found. So I re-did my order, out of curiosity I called rogers to see of there was any info since the phone was released today as my status has been in progress for a few days and the rep I spoke to says he see's no order on my account again. when I check my rogers account it shows my order. 

Normally I wouldn't care and would wait but my Note 5 is on its last leg, been waiting for a phone since  last  year as I was originally was going to buy a note 7 but that failed, after that I tried to get a  pixel Xl  direct from google but is was always on back order , changed my mind as I wanted to stay with Samsung. 

What's the wait time looking like to get my hands on this device? Have many received their pre-ordered black S8 plus in Toronto? I was number 32 on the list when I first checked the day I made my order. it wasn't until Thursday that my status changed to in progress.

I Plan to Stick Around

I was on the business/corporate line of s8+ orchid grey. Preordered and was less than 20. No change in status. 

Just went to a nearby store and picked up. Also, the price is more accurate in store( 559 vs 625 on premium tab ). 

Loving the new phone..Long time nexus and other devices with lots of rom dev work.. Now I will have more time in life :-), as BL is locked. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @OioGetz

As i said many times. The reservation does not guarantee that u will get it at launch or before anyone else. I csnt stress this enough. It clearly says this in the page before doing it. Many fail to read that.

I was #1 from the start of reservation and got mine in Tuesday morning. U got ur number as soon as our first batch left and u became on the second batch. Now the call center CAN NOT see ur reservation. So do not keep calling please. U are wasting their time and yours. They have no access to the reservation system on their end.