Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

@you wrote:

@kavkaz wrote:

@kavkaz wrote:

they dont know what to do.. a mess

@Meowmix wrote:

Hello @kavkaz

Have then open a ticket up for u. I heard some are having the issues and tickets are being opened for them

update: Okay I see. It looks like the issue you are having is a known issue do to having Spotify as well. Rogers is aware of this issue and they are working to resolve it. We will honour the offer for any customers who received the SMS to redeem the 6-month Standard Netflix plan.

Thanks, @kavkaz! When I spoke to them, they couldn't do anything. Now if I could only find out when I might recieve the VR... Smiley Indifferent

about 6 to 8 weeks if you did registration through samsung and signed in fromyour S8 to the same account. you will get an email from fulfiment company that works on behalf of samsung when UPS is lable is created

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @you

Rogers has no control of that. Only Samsung does and even when u call Samsung they will tell u just to wait the 6-8 weeks and u will only get a shipment email.
I Plan to Stick Around

For those asking how my UPS delivery went down, check this pic i took of the tracking status updates. Keep in mind I only found out (got the email) that it was shipped at 9pm on the 20th.

http://imgur.com/a/142j4

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @MrNineties

Very nice!!! 🙂
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm on my way to RETURN my Black S8+. With the Nougat update to the Note 5, which is great by the way, no need to keep the S8+. After using it for several days, it really only feels like an incremental update to the S7E and really can't justify spending $ 549 plus tax to get it. I'll wait for the Note 8 later this year. I expect the Note 8 will see more innovation as stated by the Samsung President.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

Hopefully u didn't go over the 30 minutes talk time or else they won't be able to return it :(.

Well honestly if u got Nougat on the Note 5 and it doesn't have lags or anything, then keep it and use it. Use ur upgrade for another device then!
I Plan to Stick Around

@wpd1 wrote:

I'm on my way to RETURN my Black S8+. With the Nougat update to the Note 5, which is great by the way, no need to keep the S8+. After using it for several days, it really only feels like an incremental update to the S7E and really can't justify spending $ 549 plus tax to get it. I'll wait for the Note 8 later this year. I expect the Note 8 will see more innovation as stated by the Samsung President.

DONT!!! its the best phone. note 5 is so 2015

I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

No, I'm  all good with the talk time. I expect by the time the Note 8 comes out that Samsung will have the Bixby issues all sorted out and there will be more app development for the native screen size, which I'm sure will become a standard format. Six months and counting......

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

Ah okay good. Yeah i hope Bixby works out. I use it actually sometimes and I like it.. Just want more options and Bixby voice to come soon!
I Plan to Stick Around

@kavkaz

I'm glad that you are enjoying the S8. With its steep price tag, you better be enjoying it. Once the novelty of the screen wore off, it didn't really feel all that different from the S7E, or at least the differences from the S7E didn't justify the price point for me. No real innovation to justify upgrading I'm afraid. But, that's just me and I'm likely in the minority. Enjoy your phone.