Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 187

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

I am not able to get Netflix with my S8 purchase

 

Looks like you might not be eligible for this offer. is the error i get. Tech support is not able to help at all! 

I'm a Trusted Advisor
Posts: 31,991

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @kavkaz

Have then open a ticket up for u. I heard some are having the issues and tickets are being opened for them

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 187

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

they dont know what to do.. a mess


@Meowmix wrote:

Hello @kavkaz

Have then open a ticket up for u. I heard some are having the issues and tickets are being opened for them


 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile
Posts: 2

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

I was #54 (business) for an S8+ black in Vancouver, until early this morning that is. I received my shipping email, via UPS, to be sent to my home. Hopefully it will be here Monday. Needless to say, I am happy with Rogers!
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 187

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions


@kavkaz wrote:

they dont know what to do.. a mess


@Meowmix wrote:

Hello @kavkaz

Have then open a ticket up for u. I heard some are having the issues and tickets are being opened for them


 


update: Okay I see. It looks like the issue you are having is a known issue do to having Spotify as well. Rogers is aware of this issue and they are working to resolve it. We will honour the offer for any customers who received the SMS to redeem the 6-month Standard Netflix plan.

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 36

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

I have been following this tread and the online status update.

 

Its true, a watched kettle never boils Smiley Happy

 

I went from # 26 to #7 this afternoon and now #6

No recent emails or texts

S8+ Coral.....

So I was told by many that Pre Order not equal to Pre Launch Delivery....

I'm a Trusted Advisor
Posts: 31,991

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @kavkaz

Okay great! Ur seems some are having issues meanwhile some aren't on many things lol.
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 10

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions


@kavkaz wrote:

@kavkaz wrote:

they dont know what to do.. a mess


@Meowmix wrote:

Hello @kavkaz

Have then open a ticket up for u. I heard some are having the issues and tickets are being opened for them


 


update: Okay I see. It looks like the issue you are having is a known issue do to having Spotify as well. Rogers is aware of this issue and they are working to resolve it. We will honour the offer for any customers who received the SMS to redeem the 6-month Standard Netflix plan.


Thanks, @kavkaz! When I spoke to them, they couldn't do anything. Now if I could only find out when I might recieve the VR... Smiley Indifferent

I'm a Trusted Advisor
Posts: 31,991

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @Leslieiswaiting

There is no coral color.. Only gray and black lol.

Yes that is correct. I wrote that as well on my first post and many posts above.
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 36

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Thanks Meowmix I meant Orchid Grey