cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!Smiley Happy

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Galaxy S line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this morning announced the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+!. The device has a breathe taking new design which includes 88% screen ration, S8 is 5'7 inch screen and the S8+ is 6'2 inch screen, Fingerprint sensor on the back and new Snapdragon processor. Also comes in different colors and includes more features!! 

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Click on the account you want to access ( Some have multiple accounts ) - click on your number ( if you have multiple numbers) - scroll down and click on Device Reservation. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want and it wil,l show you a list which will include the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ in Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues . The reservation list is different statues and numbers for all models / colors and groups ( Business, Consumer and pre orders have different line ups and numbers.)

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them or going to the store. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online. The store can help you log into ur account and let u do it but there is no pre order list in store.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help Smiley Happy

EDIT - The phone is available in Midnight Black and Orchid Gray in Canada. Maple Gold, Tactic Silver and Coral Blue, along with Midnight Black and Orchid Gray colour variants will be available in the U.S. and other markets. 

So sadly we are only getting the Midnight Black and Orichrd Gray in Canada. Later on we will get the other colors hopefully. 

EDIT 2 - In Canada the S8 is set to start at $1,035 CAD with the S8+ costing $1,115. Carrier pricing is not avialable  at the moment. Soon it will be. 

EDIT 3 - April 21st is when the S8 / S8+ will be launched!

***Edited Labels***

2,931 REPLIES 2,931

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

kh29
I plan to stick around

o man that sucks thanks any ways

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kh29

Unfortunately that's how most if not all VR headsets work. A case would make it harder to fit the device within the VR system.

MrNineties
I plan to stick around

The silence continues to be deafening...

KnightFace
I've been here awhile

Just got shipping notification on s8+ business reservation was number #71, hasnt showed up in UPS system yet so hopefully comes tomorrow.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @KnightFace

Glad to see! UPS is always late on updating and usually picks them up around 7-9pm anyways. So u will see a scan late tonight.

comcry
I plan to stick around
@knight face

What colour and province?

That's great news! Hope you get it tomorrow!

How am I supposed to get an accurate status for corporate sign-up through Getconnected? I feel like its a black box and I will recieve the phone in Christmas. Theres literally no information for corporate signups because we dont have MyRogers per say to login and check.

KnightFace
I've been here awhile

Midnight Black Ontario 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @rage2021

How did I do ur pre order? As I said, some business and corporate customers may not be able to see ur status and only get a email saying it's been shipped out

Thanks for responding MeowMix. I ordered online through getconnected portal. They gave some reference # and thats it. I guess your right I am in the dark until they send me a shipping notice, which who knows when that is.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys!

Just got my Netflix text from Rogers with the code!

"Rogers service msg: Thank you for activating Samsung S8! We're giving you 6 months of Standard Netflix so you can watch all your favorite movies, TV shows and original series. Go to Rogers.com/RedeemNetflix to get started, using account #xxxxxxxx. Offer must be redeemed by June 30/17."

Digitalphear
I'm here a lot
So I got a bit of information on my end to share.

Finally got fed up waiting on my preordered s8+ in orchid grey, so I went into the Rogers store I've been dealing with fur the past 10 years.

I talked to one of the employees that I know personally because I wasn't in the mood to deal with the typically moronic Rogers sales reps.

I asked if they had any in and she told me yes but they wouldn't be for sale until tomorrow.

I told her oh good I have one preordered and I'll come back then.

Then she tells me they didn't get any of the preordered phones.

I was like OK I'll just come back and pick up one normally and cancel my preorder. She's like yeah that won't be a problem because they got LOTS of them in for sale to the general public.

So there ya go. What a joke. Preordering with Rogers is officially the most useless and arbitrary way of acquiring one of these phones.

It's obviously not a case of "Samsung not providing enough stock" but more of "Rogers shafting those of us who preorder since were already committed and allocating inventory to walk in customers."

If I didn't actually like and personally know the staff at my local Rogers store I'd happily bail on this pathetic excuse for a company.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Digitalphear

This happens every year as i said before. They allocate to the store as well. They don't put all the stock towards the pre orders. Same with other carriers. They allocate the stock to stores, business side, pre orders and call center orders.

Unfortunately I did say that doing a pre order or reservation does not guarantee that u will be the first or at launch to get it.

Either way you can get it tomorrow at the store!

cherriena
I've been here awhile

I've spoken to 4 Rogers reps today, all from retention.  They gave me 4 different excuses.

My first and last time, I ever do a pre-order with Rogers.

Rogers, what a joke.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @cherriena

Sorry to hear that :(. They need to do alot of work on fixing the system

I got this as well...."Rogers service msg: Thank you for activating Samsung S8! We're giving you 6 months of Standard Netflix so you can watch all your favorite movies, TV shows and original series. Go to Rogers.com/RedeemNetflix to get started, using account #xxxxxxxx. Offer must be redeemed by June 30/17."

Tried to redeem, and guess what... had to call Rogers as it wasn't working.  

Looks like you might not be eligible for this offer.
Not sure if you’re eligible? Contact us.

I know I am eligible, and did get the text.

So now it has to go to back office.

I wish they would figure things out before sending things out.  From IMEI not registered, to problems ordering prepaid, now to this...  

raymondtrudeu
I plan to stick around
I believe we have till May 20th to register our VR gear once we get the phone I'm still waiting I'm Number 410 what happens if we don't get her phone before then

robx7fcna
I plan to stick around
I've done 3 pre orders now for different devices through Rogers and it's the same thing Everytime.

I've come to the conclusion that you don't preorder to get it 1st, you preorder to get the freebies.

That said, I'm a bit late to the game on this one, 600 and something in line for a black gs8+.

I may just go to the store and get one.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @raymondtrudeu

Yes but we are speaking about the Netflix promotion, not the Gear VR promotion above.

johentie
I plan to stick around
@rage2021
There is a way to check. Visit www.rogersdirect.ca

the login is different from your MyRogers Business account. It only works in IE.. I repeat.. ONLY WORKS IN IE...

after you login you select ORDER SEARCH and enter your order number and u can see ALL the details regarding the order.

FYI mine still says Pre Fulfillment #22 Grey! sucks.. looks like i'll be going to the store tomorrow morning

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Screenshot_20170420-154618.pngHello @dpoliteski

Mine worked just fine! Got added to my current Netflix account.