Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @rage2021

How did I do ur pre order? As I said, some business and corporate customers may not be able to see ur status and only get a email saying it's been shipped out

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for responding MeowMix. I ordered online through getconnected portal. They gave some reference # and thats it. I guess your right I am in the dark until they send me a shipping notice, which who knows when that is.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys!

Just got my Netflix text from Rogers with the code!

"Rogers service msg: Thank you for activating Samsung S8! We're giving you 6 months of Standard Netflix so you can watch all your favorite movies, TV shows and original series. Go to Rogers.com/RedeemNetflix to get started, using account #xxxxxxxx. Offer must be redeemed by June 30/17."
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

So I got a bit of information on my end to share.

Finally got fed up waiting on my preordered s8+ in orchid grey, so I went into the Rogers store I've been dealing with fur the past 10 years.

I talked to one of the employees that I know personally because I wasn't in the mood to deal with the typically moronic Rogers sales reps.

I asked if they had any in and she told me yes but they wouldn't be for sale until tomorrow.

I told her oh good I have one preordered and I'll come back then.

Then she tells me they didn't get any of the preordered phones.

I was like OK I'll just come back and pick up one normally and cancel my preorder. She's like yeah that won't be a problem because they got LOTS of them in for sale to the general public.

So there ya go. What a joke. Preordering with Rogers is officially the most useless and arbitrary way of acquiring one of these phones.

It's obviously not a case of "Samsung not providing enough stock" but more of "Rogers shafting those of us who preorder since were already committed and allocating inventory to walk in customers."

If I didn't actually like and personally know the staff at my local Rogers store I'd happily bail on this pathetic excuse for a company.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Digitalphear

This happens every year as i said before. They allocate to the store as well. They don't put all the stock towards the pre orders. Same with other carriers. They allocate the stock to stores, business side, pre orders and call center orders.

Unfortunately I did say that doing a pre order or reservation does not guarantee that u will be the first or at launch to get it.

Either way you can get it tomorrow at the store!
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I've spoken to 4 Rogers reps today, all from retention.  They gave me 4 different excuses.

My first and last time, I ever do a pre-order with Rogers.

Rogers, what a joke.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @cherriena

Sorry to hear that :(. They need to do alot of work on fixing the system
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I got this as well...."Rogers service msg: Thank you for activating Samsung S8! We're giving you 6 months of Standard Netflix so you can watch all your favorite movies, TV shows and original series. Go to Rogers.com/RedeemNetflix to get started, using account #xxxxxxxx. Offer must be redeemed by June 30/17."

Tried to redeem, and guess what... had to call Rogers as it wasn't working.  

Looks like you might not be eligible for this offer.
Not sure if you’re eligible? Contact us.

I know I am eligible, and did get the text.

So now it has to go to back office.

I wish they would figure things out before sending things out.  From IMEI not registered, to problems ordering prepaid, now to this...  
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I believe we have till May 20th to register our VR gear once we get the phone I'm still waiting I'm Number 410 what happens if we don't get her phone before then
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I've done 3 pre orders now for different devices through Rogers and it's the same thing Everytime.

I've come to the conclusion that you don't preorder to get it 1st, you preorder to get the freebies.

That said, I'm a bit late to the game on this one, 600 and something in line for a black gs8+.

I may just go to the store and get one.