Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Yeah that's right. That's the very early phase, they did not know they can also release it on apr 17 as well. By the time I want to pickup my free case offer, they told me they can do the same as Rogers too, but I just told them I already placed my order through Rogers. So regret I did not preoreder there as a backup.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @comcry

That deal I got some can get but only if u have a certain code / manager can do it. Not every rep or manager can give you that deal sadly. That's why.

I have 3 lines. Mine, my father which is $65+ taxes and my tablet line (35+10+taxes.) so i pay around $300 per month as is. That's excluding my smart home monitoring I have with Rogers.

In the end I agree 100%. We all should be treated the same.

Unfortunately they do not see it that way.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Aezv

What i have always learned is always pre order with Rogers and the manufacturer u are getting the device from. That way u have a back up plan!
I Plan to Stick Around

Excellent news.

I'm #4 for the Orchid Grey S8+. Business Side. Located in Winnipeg.

Just called in and the phone is IN PROGRESS -  ACTIVATION.

It should be shipped today.

So I'll have it tomorrow (launch day) or Monday.

For the first time in a long time, I got a very helpful rep, he informed me because the launch day is tomorrow, they're currently seeing ton's of S8's being activated right now, TONS. Meaning many of us on the business side should start seeing shipping notifications soon.

He also informed me that they're over 311 on the reservation system now so if you're up there on the list, it may take longer until you see your phone. 

Lastly, the online portal for reservations on the business side has been having multiple issues as of late, and he suggested if anyone is curious to call in and check on their "in progress" status (to check it it's at activation yet)

So technically, they're definitely improving the system on the business side.

I can't comment on people who are way up in the line. 

I'm not sure if business clients who order numerous phones at once are considered 1 queue. (if they are, this would make sense for the wait, as you're actually 30-40 phones behind instead of just the reservation number of say #7)

Meowmix may know the answer to that one.

I Plan to Stick Around

ALL

I don't make the rules, just playing within them. IF IT WERE UP TO ME, IT WOULD BE FIRST COME FIRST SERVED. BUT IT'S NOT.

If I had to choose between waiting for a phone while paying less monthly and paying more monthly and getting the phone right away, I would wait and pay less monthly and not complain about it. Every launch is the same. Instead of fighting in this thread, take up the issue with your corporate reps and /or the Office of the President as @Meowmix had previously stated. Whether I have my facts right or not, Rogers doesn't see you guys as a priority over general consumers for launch phones. That is a fact! Go fight it or play within the rules, that's all I'm saying. Whining about it every launch hasn't changed a thing. Take action, I'll even sign the petition!
I'm Here A Lot

Yes, correct for the consumer side of thinking. Since I am woking in the similar industry, I always avoid doing these double ordering trick myself because I know that would cause them more workload and confusion and would be unfair to other potential customer.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mickey204

Glad to hear that! Yea that would make sense though as I know it.

I would say it would be shipped out today as sometimes it takes a day or two to get them ready unless Rogers will do a mass ship out tonight and get it all out unless they wait for tomorrow and Monday!.

Either way it's starting to move.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @Mickey204

Glad to hear that! Yea that would make sense though as I know it.

I would say it would be shipped out today as sometimes it takes a day or two to get them ready unless Rogers will do a mass ship out tonight and get it all out unless they wait for tomorrow and Monday!.

Either way it's starting to move.

THE ICE DAM IS THAWING! lol

I Plan to Stick Around

hey got my vr head set allready in the mail , that was fast 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @kh29

Thats great to hear! See i told u:). Some will Have them shipped out soon!