Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

I am on the consumer side but am not happy at all too. Still no glue when I'll get mine as well. I don't care about the free VR, I just want to get the device as soon as what they claimed. I have been buying off ebay since the first Note came out and evey year after that (now still using the Note 5), until last year the Note 7 had such a mess and Samsung Canada even helped me to do the refund for me even though it was a Singapore model. So this time I talked to myself maybe I should get one from my carrier just in case something happens would save me a lot of trouble. Turns out its a bad decision I made!!! Been with Rogers for almost 20 years, fisrt time I buy a phone direct from them which isn"t a good experience. Totally disappointed.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

Exactly but even then, Rogers should atleast start working on the reservations for the business and corporate customers and get them our on time instead weeks or months later like we have seen in the past.

Unfortunately it seems since they pay less for their plans and get a few different things then what we consumers get, Rogers makes them wait for the phones.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Aezv

Unfortunately as is aid before and it's been posted on all sites, you are not guaranteed you will get a device before anyone else or at launch. I really can't stress this enough.

They get enough stock to allocate around the company.. Which means store stock, call center stock, business side, reservations and pre orders.. So they have gotten so much and now waiting for the next batch to come on whenever Samsung decides to send it to Rogers. Rogers does not control how much stock comes in. Remember Samsung controls that.

I see it disappointed and see u don't want the VR so why not just get it from Samsung instead? Pre order it with Samsung Experience store and they will do it for u.

If u still want to wait for Rogers then wait it out and see what happens. Again you will get the device as soon as they get more stock in.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

As a consumer paying a higher monthly rate, are you willing to give up your phone at launch so a corporate plan customer can get their phone at launch? We generate more revenue and are treated with higher priority,as we should be. If I was paying 30% less on my monthly plan but knew it meant taking longer to get phones at launch, I would sit back and wait, enjoying the monthly price savings.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

I would to be honest. To me getting a phone at launch is great but it can wait. I don't need it right away as some might ( if they sold their phone and don't have one or its damaged). Others won't do this though.

Exactly. Just sit back, enjoy the time until the device comes in. It's the best thing to do as complaining sadly won't get anything done faster. Only will make the user upset more.
I'm Here A Lot

I know, I just said I made a bad choice to order it from Rogers. I did temped to order it from Samsung when I picked up my Galaxy Tab s3, but at that time they said they won't be avialable until apr 21, I told them I saw the ad on Rogers said can get as early as apr 17, they said in that case, you better go with Rogers if they said they can get you on early release.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Aezv

Weird Samsung would say that as many went on the 17th and picked up their pre ordered device at the Samsung Experience store. Seems like some Samsung reps did not know.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@wpd1 wrote:
@Meowmix

As a consumer paying a higher monthly rate, are you willing to give up your phone at launch so a corporate plan customer can get their phone at launch? We generate more revenue and are treated with higher priority,as we should be. If I was paying 30% less on my monthly plan but knew it meant taking longer to get phones at launch, I would sit back and wait, enjoying the monthly price savings.

I'd have to strongly dissagree. 

What side you're on shouldn't mean anything in regards to pre-ordering a device or when you get it.

When the business side preorders we have a drop down menu asking how many devices we want.

Consumer side is just 1.

Think about it.

If you're #4 for an item, you should get it at the start. Not hear about numerous walk in stores having them sitting on shelves with no intended buyer yet while the buyers on the business side sit with empty hands.

As for the statement that consumers make rogers more money, I'd be very cautious about that without actual statistics to back it up. If we see such a reduction in monthly payment plans, you should be asking why. Rogers is a business and is definitely getting their pound of flesh from the business side.

After all, we only order 10-50-100-500+ phones at a time.

I Plan to Stick Around

@wpd

I am still a "customer" and I pay close to $100/month. I deserve to be treated as any other customer. I'm not a second class citizen because I have a business account!

Meowmix on a Consumer plan has a better deal than many. Should he be treated differently because he is on a retention plan (apologies in advance, if I got this wrong... I believe you are on a retention plan). We should all be treated as customers that all generate revenue. I've been with Roger's for over 20 years.
I Plan to Stick Around

@comcry wrote:
@wpd

I am still a "customer" and I pay close to $100/month. I deserve to be treated as any other customer. I'm not a second class citizen because I have a business account!

Meowmix on a Consumer plan has a better deal than many. Should he be treated differently because he is on a retention plan (apologies in advance, if I got this wrong... I believe you are on a retention plan). We should all be treated as customers that all generate revenue. I've been with Roger's for over 20 years.

Don't worry about WPD, he has no idea what he's talking about. 

You're 100% correct.