cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!Smiley Happy

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Galaxy S line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this morning announced the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+!. The device has a breathe taking new design which includes 88% screen ration, S8 is 5'7 inch screen and the S8+ is 6'2 inch screen, Fingerprint sensor on the back and new Snapdragon processor. Also comes in different colors and includes more features!! 

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Click on the account you want to access ( Some have multiple accounts ) - click on your number ( if you have multiple numbers) - scroll down and click on Device Reservation. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want and it wil,l show you a list which will include the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ in Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues . The reservation list is different statues and numbers for all models / colors and groups ( Business, Consumer and pre orders have different line ups and numbers.)

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them or going to the store. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online. The store can help you log into ur account and let u do it but there is no pre order list in store.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help Smiley Happy

EDIT - The phone is available in Midnight Black and Orchid Gray in Canada. Maple Gold, Tactic Silver and Coral Blue, along with Midnight Black and Orchid Gray colour variants will be available in the U.S. and other markets. 

So sadly we are only getting the Midnight Black and Orichrd Gray in Canada. Later on we will get the other colors hopefully. 

EDIT 2 - In Canada the S8 is set to start at $1,035 CAD with the S8+ costing $1,115. Carrier pricing is not avialable  at the moment. Soon it will be. 

EDIT 3 - April 21st is when the S8 / S8+ will be launched!

***Edited Labels***

2,931 REPLIES 2,931

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Quanly
I've been here awhile
Yeah I'm #8 and haven't received an email that it's shipped. Not sure what the whole point of pre-ordering is.... should just go to a store on launch day to pick it up... geeze

cherriena
I've been here awhile

How do you know your reservation number?  I called Rogers many times and they couldn't give me anything.  My online Rogers profile is also useless, it doesn't even know I did a hardware upgrade, my billling date is the 20th and it decreased my device balance -_-

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @cherriena

Please do not call the call center. They do NOT have access to any reservations..

Log into my Rogers and click on ur account. Then go to the bottom where it says Device Reservation. There it should be.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Quanly

My buddy with Bell is still waiting for his pre order meanwhile some got theirs. Same with here. It all depends on the stock they get.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Redefined

Some business accounts will show IN PROGRESS but in reality it's in progress pre fulfilment statuses which means they still don't have it.

In the end it's still wondering what is happening but again we shall see.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Kyleck1990

Yes but we can't just blame Rogers for not getting enough stock. The do not pick how much stock they got. I explained this every year on all the reservation threads I make. The manufacturer sends them so much and then the second batch comes later on. That's how it works.

comcry
I plan to stick around
I blame Roger's. They determine how to allocate from the lot they got and there are (if memory serves correct) someone here who is #4 on the business side. They didn't get there's but others much further along in the line up on the consumer side got there's already.

If phones from the first lot were put aside for business customers why have I only read of two business customers receiving there's or notification of shipping. And one was in Manitoba!

I blame Roger's! This is why I bought my note 7 from Samsung last year and this year I'll be buying the note 8 from them again!

For those business customers still waiting. Can you please share your location and reservation # when you get your device so that we can track the progress that way. It's ridiculous but it's the only way I can track my device. I'm #27 in Ontario for s8+ Orchid. At this point, I'm certain that I'm not getting my device on launch day! So disappointing! I've been paying for my new more expensive plan though! Roger's was sure to be on top of that!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @comcry

For the business side yes, I do blame Rogers for not putting enough inventory on the side for them but I mean in general.

comcry
I plan to stick around
Hi Meowmix

Fair enough! I think if I was a consumer I would be a happy one! As I would have done in store pick up just from what I've seen over the years. But as a business customer very disappointing. We want our phones also. And no communication is just adding insult to injury! I know it's just a phone but we pre- order for a reason. We are the die hard fans!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @comcry

Everything year it's the same thing sadly. Joe Natale needs to see this and see how business and corporate customers reservations have been failing and such. Every year I make these threads, every year I see the same thing. Corporate customers and business customers reservations aren't handled until later on which is sad really.

wpd1
I plan to stick around
Business customers have been treated the same every product launch. Never changes. It's the downside of being a business or corporate plan customer. None of you should be surprised. Consumer phones are always fulfilled first. Downside is, we pay a higher monthly rate (in most instances). It's just the way it is. You're not a priority. If you want the phone faster, get a consumer plan or buy it outright. I can't understand why every launch is filled with business and corporate plan customers complaining about not getting their phones at launch. You already pay considerably less than most consumers. Everyone will eventually get the phone. By the way, you're not missing a whole heck of alot anyway as the phone is nice but not anything to scream about. It just feels like an incremental change from the S7E. Certainly not worth the enormous up front $'s they're asking.

Aezv
I'm here a lot

I am on the consumer side but am not happy at all too. Still no glue when I'll get mine as well. I don't care about the free VR, I just want to get the device as soon as what they claimed. I have been buying off ebay since the first Note came out and evey year after that (now still using the Note 5), until last year the Note 7 had such a mess and Samsung Canada even helped me to do the refund for me even though it was a Singapore model. So this time I talked to myself maybe I should get one from my carrier just in case something happens would save me a lot of trouble. Turns out its a bad decision I made!!! Been with Rogers for almost 20 years, fisrt time I buy a phone direct from them which isn"t a good experience. Totally disappointed.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Exactly but even then, Rogers should atleast start working on the reservations for the business and corporate customers and get them our on time instead weeks or months later like we have seen in the past.

Unfortunately it seems since they pay less for their plans and get a few different things then what we consumers get, Rogers makes them wait for the phones.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Aezv

Unfortunately as is aid before and it's been posted on all sites, you are not guaranteed you will get a device before anyone else or at launch. I really can't stress this enough.

They get enough stock to allocate around the company.. Which means store stock, call center stock, business side, reservations and pre orders.. So they have gotten so much and now waiting for the next batch to come on whenever Samsung decides to send it to Rogers. Rogers does not control how much stock comes in. Remember Samsung controls that.

I see it disappointed and see u don't want the VR so why not just get it from Samsung instead? Pre order it with Samsung Experience store and they will do it for u.

If u still want to wait for Rogers then wait it out and see what happens. Again you will get the device as soon as they get more stock in.

wpd1
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix

As a consumer paying a higher monthly rate, are you willing to give up your phone at launch so a corporate plan customer can get their phone at launch? We generate more revenue and are treated with higher priority,as we should be. If I was paying 30% less on my monthly plan but knew it meant taking longer to get phones at launch, I would sit back and wait, enjoying the monthly price savings.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

I would to be honest. To me getting a phone at launch is great but it can wait. I don't need it right away as some might ( if they sold their phone and don't have one or its damaged). Others won't do this though.

Exactly. Just sit back, enjoy the time until the device comes in. It's the best thing to do as complaining sadly won't get anything done faster. Only will make the user upset more.

Aezv
I'm here a lot

I know, I just said I made a bad choice to order it from Rogers. I did temped to order it from Samsung when I picked up my Galaxy Tab s3, but at that time they said they won't be avialable until apr 21, I told them I saw the ad on Rogers said can get as early as apr 17, they said in that case, you better go with Rogers if they said they can get you on early release.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Aezv

Weird Samsung would say that as many went on the 17th and picked up their pre ordered device at the Samsung Experience store. Seems like some Samsung reps did not know.

Mickey204
I plan to stick around

@wpd1 wrote:
@Meowmix

As a consumer paying a higher monthly rate, are you willing to give up your phone at launch so a corporate plan customer can get their phone at launch? We generate more revenue and are treated with higher priority,as we should be. If I was paying 30% less on my monthly plan but knew it meant taking longer to get phones at launch, I would sit back and wait, enjoying the monthly price savings.

I'd have to strongly dissagree. 

What side you're on shouldn't mean anything in regards to pre-ordering a device or when you get it.

When the business side preorders we have a drop down menu asking how many devices we want.

Consumer side is just 1.

Think about it.

If you're #4 for an item, you should get it at the start. Not hear about numerous walk in stores having them sitting on shelves with no intended buyer yet while the buyers on the business side sit with empty hands.

As for the statement that consumers make rogers more money, I'd be very cautious about that without actual statistics to back it up. If we see such a reduction in monthly payment plans, you should be asking why. Rogers is a business and is definitely getting their pound of flesh from the business side.

After all, we only order 10-50-100-500+ phones at a time.

comcry
I plan to stick around
@wpd

I am still a "customer" and I pay close to $100/month. I deserve to be treated as any other customer. I'm not a second class citizen because I have a business account!

Meowmix on a Consumer plan has a better deal than many. Should he be treated differently because he is on a retention plan (apologies in advance, if I got this wrong... I believe you are on a retention plan). We should all be treated as customers that all generate revenue. I've been with Roger's for over 20 years.

Mickey204
I plan to stick around

@comcry wrote:
@wpd

I am still a "customer" and I pay close to $100/month. I deserve to be treated as any other customer. I'm not a second class citizen because I have a business account!

Meowmix on a Consumer plan has a better deal than many. Should he be treated differently because he is on a retention plan (apologies in advance, if I got this wrong... I believe you are on a retention plan). We should all be treated as customers that all generate revenue. I've been with Roger's for over 20 years.

Don't worry about WPD, he has no idea what he's talking about. 

You're 100% correct.