Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Based on what information, if i might ask?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @clr416

From Samsung last year when they did the same with the Note 7 promotion. You had to show proof u had it pre ordered.

This one this year is that they see the IMEI number has been registered as pre orders with the carriers and they know which one is which. As per the source I know as well.

U can test it out but if u do not get the Gear VR and controller, then I can't say I'm not surprised
I've Been Here Awhile

I agree. You had to fill out the pre-order from prior to april 20th and then when you sign in to your samsung account on the phone the IMEI is automatically registered and gift is fullfilled. If purchasing after the 20th then you can no longer claim the pre-order.

I just got a notification that my headset is being delievered tomorrow by UPS. I picked up my S8+ from bell on the 17th.

I Plan to Stick Around

headset out for delivery tomorrow ?   thought it was 6 weeks or somthing, and is there a nuber or way to verify they got our submissions ?

I Plan to Stick Around

@scramjet wrote:

I agree. You had to fill out the pre-order from prior to april 20th and then when you sign in to your samsung account on the phone the IMEI is automatically registered and gift is fullfilled. If purchasing after the 20th then you can no longer claim the pre-order.

I just got a notification that my headset is being delievered tomorrow by UPS. I picked up my S8+ from bell on the 17th.

@scramjet

That was fast. When did you get your phone?

Edit: It was from Bell. That's why. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

err just checked my email

You have a package coming.
Scheduled Delivery Date: Friday 04/21/2017

Message from SAMSUNG GIFT REDEMPTION:
YOUR SAMSUNG GIFT IS ON THE WAY

I've Been Here Awhile

yup thats the email I got. I have UPS my choice aswell so i also got a an email from them with tomorrow as the scheduled delivery. 

I have no idea if there is a way to check status, I only got a confirmation after doing the original registration. Never got anything after signing in on the S8+ , well until now. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys

As i said. Some will get it a couple days after the get their device and some will get it in a week or so.. Depending on how fast Samsung does their shipment
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @scramjet

Yes that's how it worked with the Note 7 promotion as well.
I've Been Here Awhile

Yea but with the note 7 we had to submit a proof of pre-order and proof of purchase receipt, and it took a lot longer, at least in my case. And that marketing company they used last time i feel couldnt keep up. This automatic system seems to work much better.