Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Pre-order to get the VR. Simple as that.
I'm Here A Lot

@briancheung

Hiws it going man? I had a couple questions for you.. I too preordered my phone on the 30th ad was made 22nd position. When you ordered it did you do it over the phone? Also everything I need to check my status I need to call because we don't have access to rogers direct... They keep telling me phones only ship on the 21st.. Lemme know how it worked out for you! Thanks man.
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm wondering if people can register for pre orders on the walk ins. Im seriously debating just risking it.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Correct me if I am wrong @Meowmix but they do not usually give out walk-ins until all pre-orders have been fulfilled?

I know from past experiences that they have NO stock of new phones right off the bat, usually they tell people come back in a month. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @clr416

There is no list like that. Stores do not take lists for pre orders.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RAwhite1987

Thats is not correct. They have some stock for the stores for launch. That's how it works for all carriers.

Thats only for high end devices like the iPhone but even then stores have limited stock or none.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @RAwhite1987

Thats is not correct. They have some stock for the stores for launch. That's how it works for all carriers.

Thats only for high end devices like the iPhone but even then stores have limited stock or none.

@Meowmix The Iphone and Galaxy are what I was referring to unless you consider the Nokia 3310 relaunch a high end phone. It is indestructible but not high end. 

Years ago I wanted to get the S6 right at launch (was not too familiar with pre-ordering at that point) and walked into Rogers. They said they had none and were backordered. 

That is where I got my information. They told me since the phone was brand new to come back in a month when all the hubbub died down. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RAwhite1987

In some stores yes they do not get stock but some do at launch. I usually go to the location I go to and they have maybe 2-3 on them on launch!

I think it depends on the traffic the store makes and such.
I Plan to Stick Around

I've always been able to go to a store on launch and get my new device. I have had to call around and put it on hold. But I've lucked out. I was thinking about doing that Friday; however, will I lose my gear vr gift?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @comcry

Yes it seems like u will lose the pre order bonus of the Gear VR and controller.