Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Found out first hand that you need to insert sim card before doing anything with the phone as the phone auto factory reset when you insert the sim card for the first time. Would it auto factory reset again if i use a different sim card if I for example travel overseas?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @clr416

You would think that but it's not guaranteed that you will get it at launch or before anyone else. Remember we are lucky that they have even shipped out devices before the official launch day.
I Plan to Stick Around

So what youre saying is even if rogers gets phones shipped to them, they wont fulfill the pre orders first and just have devices set aside for walk ins?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @clr416

If a shipment comes in, some are set side for the business and corporate customers, stores, call center orders and pre orders /reservations.. This was mentioned on my first page as well. Also its not guaranteed that u will get it at launch either. It says that in the FAQ for the pre orders and also said the same a few times.

" Does pre-ordering a device to ship to store using the Rogers Reservation System mean I’ll get my device on the official launch date?

We can’t guarantee that you’ll receive your device on the day it launches. Our goal is to get your device to you as soon as possible, and we set aside inventory for customers who pre-order.. The confirmation email you received when you reserved your device will contain more information about shipping timelines.
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyone hear of any preorder statistics yet on the S8 and S8+?

I seem to be one of very few, if not the only one, from a popular Rogers store that preordered. Just curious to hear the results. In contrast, this store has a lineup outside for iPhone preorders.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

Well orders with Samsung Canada for black were in the range of 30,000 units alone but from Rogers nothing.

The store I went to had over 12 S8 models in store for pick up but I was the only one with the + instead lol.

The Rogers store downtown had 3 S8+ models for pick up and around 7 S8. Most black and some gray it seems.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix have you heard if Samsung Canada has started shipping anything out?
I Plan to Stick Around

Autofactory reset has been around since s7
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ghammer80

A couple Canadians have Recieved theirs from Samsung Canada but many haven't yet it seems.
I Plan to Stick Around

@briancheung wrote:

I'm a Rogers Business customer and I pre-ordered on March 30th, becoming #15 in line for the S8 Black. Got a notification today (April 18) around 11:30AM (pacific time) that my phone has shipped from Ontario and will be delivered to me in BC tomorrow afternoon! Super excited!

I'm rogers business as well, #4 for the Orchid Grey.  Still have yet to hear anything.

Rogers business told me after shying away for 10 minutes that the 17th "possible launch date" was only for the public side and business is the 21st.

Hopefully I see mine by Friday. Otherwise I'll be scratching my head wondering why I can walk into a rogers store and get one but the one I preordered a month ago still hasn't shipped. lol