Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @RAwhite1987

Exactly. So I'll try and make one but see if I can edit it every time something changes. If not then I would have to remove it and remake it again.
I've Been Around

Hello Meowmix,
Thanks for your insightful responses - I have been talking to Rogers personnel via phone and voicemail and it seems to be very difficult to get a straight answer!
I pre-ordered the S8+ on the 8th via the Pre-Order to ship now option and I went through all the sheets (including payment agreement for new phone + old phone balance). Final page said congratulations for the order, we will send you a confirmation e-mail. That e-mail never came.
The MyRogers system does not allow me to reserve and/or upgrade my phone (error, call customer support message) - bu as you have said, there may not be a confirmation message.

Reading other people's responses here, everybody seems to have actually already paid for the phone, but I have not have the purchase amount on my bill yet. Is this a sign that my pre-Order has not gone through???

Thanks!
Fred
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

Just a thought.. but life would be easier if this forum was a game of survivor. Why write a FAQ when you can vote out one of the contributers. 

Meowmix thats 11 views the forum has spoken, you need to bring me your phone *does factory reset*. It's time for you to go. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Narcissus

Yes that is correct. No one got a confirmation email after they did it.

The payment will show when they get the devices in or when the system will charge the account
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RAwhite1987

Haha yeah that would be great!
I Plan to Stick Around

Still better than turning pre-ordering into a real life hunger games? THAT would be cool.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks @Meowmix! I would hate to receive the VR only to realize they sent the wrong sized one.
So that's all we need to do right? To get the VR we just need to sign in to our samsung account which I did then we wait?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @cez

You are welcome! Yeah that's all! 🙂
I Plan to Stick Around

Ive been thinking,, as far as pre orders go,would it make sense that I should be able to get a unit guaranteed on the official launch date on friday as those currently in the queue would get preference when rogers gets new stock in for the 21st?
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm a Rogers Business customer and I pre-ordered on March 30th, becoming #15 in line for the S8 Black. Got a notification today (April 18) around 11:30AM (pacific time) that my phone has shipped from Ontario and will be delivered to me in BC tomorrow afternoon! Super excited!