Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

i see some of you guys got yours. so costumer service is lying to me.. by telling me that they havent received the phones yet. wow.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @GOGU

Maybe they have not. Did you have it shipped to a store and got the shipping email? If so go to the UPS site and go under tracking to references. Input ur number and see if its been shipped out.

If u did not receive that email, then most likely u are on the second batch.
I Plan to Stick Around

@GOGU

It might not be that they are lying... it might be that they dont know at all! and that goes for many reps unfortunately

Ive gone into stores asking about phones pretending to know nothing at all and the rep is giving completely wrong specs and features of phones! they should not be working there if they dont even know the product they are selling!

As for phone reps.. well thats a diff story. lol

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey @Meowmix
On the email that I got from samsung for registering my phone, it said Model: S8+ but I only have an S8. Will this cause a problem with which VR they'll send to me? I'm thinking the size of the S8+ VR will be slightly bigger than the S8. Or is the VR all the same size?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @cez

They will send u the correct one. When u sign into the Samsung Cloud or account on the device, it records the model number the device has. The email sometimes can write the wrong things.
I Plan to Stick Around

gave my local​ store one last call before heading home. found out that my phone was accidentally scanned as regular inventory.

I Plan to Stick Around

@pixel_xl

LOL classic

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @pixel_xl

Oh wow! That sucks.. Classic reps that can not read the sticker that shoes a name and a number that shows RESERVED on it.. Wow...

I would complain to the manager about this and see what he or she can do.
I Plan to Stick Around

the guy helping me dropped brand new still sealed in case phone while he was moving the phone across the counter to scan. can't really blame the person. could happen to anyone.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @pixel_xl

Oh man that's no good. Dropping phones at work can cost his or her job. Not to mention that it's a $1,000 device. While it might be a accident, it's a huge accident. That's why i never trust the reps opening up the phone and inserting the sim for me..

As for them scanning ur phone in as a store unit, that is a mistake that they shouldn't be doing. The devices come in a box which marks it as a RESERVED device and has a sticker on the actually S8+box with the customers name and everything.