Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

@nexxusty

The note 7 was NOT Exynos here. it was the same as USA 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@nexxusty

Not much beats the A10s man, apple engineers are leagues ahead when it comes to fully using the CPU 

But i hate the OS

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@nexxusty

dont get me wrong though, i completely agree that it should be the exynos here.. we are getting the lower end of the stick.. 

But what can we do if we want the newest mobile eh

I Plan to Stick Around

@enigma4321

So that's when they switched back to Snapdragon eh? Note 7.. Good to know boys. Bad guess on my behalf, lol.

No I know the A10 is gold. The CPU cores anyway, the GPU is and most likely always will be "meh". It just seems like when the next Apple SoC is due it will smash the SD 835 by 80,000+ points if the trend continues.

At that point the OS being better (Believe me I HATE IOS) isn't as much of a cushion.

Jesus boys... What should I do here? I miss the premium feel using this G5. Feels like a childs toy... Lol.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@nexxusty

Well if you liked the g5 that much, get the g6. i was just using it for the last two weeks till i picked up my s8.. and the g6 was really nice actually 🙂

Just lacking the mods that the g5 had (which were a flop anyway)

The g6 has a fantastic screen (besides the fact that it isnt amoled tech)

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@Avimergui86 Just sent you a PM about this.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@enigma4321

Ehhhh.... G6? Cant do it....

The G5 for me was a great buy because it was cheap and performed well.

I guess Im off to see this thing. If they try to open the box and use the phone like they did last time Im not going to be happy... Lol. One time the guy ripped off the stock screen protector. I lost it.

Reallllly wish us geeks had like a sticker of something we could rock so people know whats good. Haha.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I looked at the G6 prior to ordering the Galaxy S8+. My understanding was that they had issues with the screen ratio for apps. Apparently things were a little stretched. 

Suffice to say the Galaxy S8+ won out. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@nexxusty

If a rep took off a factory applied screen protector, id also lose it on him, and i would not be taking that phone.. id make him go through the whole return process. .then buy another haha 😛

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@RAwhite1987

the screen issues with apps are only because no app is made for 18:9 (18.5:9 on the s8(+)..

The issue will affect the s8s as well ... and i personally didnt have those issues they were mentioning.. the issue was blown up into something it shouldnt have been