Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @Redefined

As i said on my first post and many posts. Business and corporate customers reservations or pre orders may not get them after the launch. This happens every year and every time a phone gets launched. Why? Most likely due to the corporate accounts and business accounts which have different codes and security codes on them.. Maybe they know that being a corporate customer u pay less then we and make u guys wait?. No one know and u won't get that answer either sadly.

Thats not a good enough reason for me. I'm a paying customer still, doesn't matter what plan I'm on. I pre-ordered first day, in the morning, and deserve the phone just as much as the next guy.

They're gonna hear it from me!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@RAwhite1987 wrote:

@Meowmix

Any ETA on the second batch or should we start with the virgin sacrifices?

@Meowmix Would like to know this too

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

hi, so unplug my tablet and put into another plug and put my watch and wireless fast charger in the same plug as watch , so i put the galaxy s8 on the charger and works says 1hr 32mins fast charging on the phone. i think that when you get a new phone and the battery when from 20 to 1 takes along time to charge on the wireless charger

when is samsung canada  getting the new wireless charger for galaxy s8

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RAwhite1987 and @Mr-Panigale

They haven't seen the truck yet or anything yet. I'll give u more information here I do get it.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @kh29

It can be in a couple of weeks.. That's because the S8+ and S8 use new charging coils for fast wireless charging so the older fast wireless charger pods will do what they did for the older models. That's how long it took for my Note 7 and S7 edge. 1 hour and 10 minutes for vast charging.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @RAwhite1987 and @Mr-Panigale

They haven't seen the truck yet or anything yet. I'll give u more information here I do get it.

Perhaps they fell off the truck @Meowmix?

Say around Kennedy and Steeles in Toronto?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

Forgetting about the Note 5 and S6 bro?

Without even looking, I'm rather positive that the Note 7 was Exynos here too.

They were both Exynos.... In fact.... It's the exact opposite of what you said... Heh.

Snapdragon on Samsung phones feels like a slap in the face IMO. They make Exynos SoC's themselves yet only EU gets them? Lol.

Ugh.... THIS is the issue with Samsung renting out space in their fabrication plants. This is what we get, a slower S8/S8+.

So not cool.

Im still gonna go look at the darn thing after dinner I think. Caring less and less each minute however.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nexxusty

Hmm seems like u are right and I was wrong! However I remember reading those were Snapdragon models.. Hmm.

Then I guess only the Note 7 was with Snapdragon and the S8 and S8 Plus.
I Plan to Stick Around

@enigma4321

Yeah that was me lol.

I was going on what I saw from the Pixel when it was first released. The G5 was faster. So I bought it.

Maybe not true today with updates to the Pixel.

Im not on anything yet.... Heh. SD 835 is not impressive whatsoever. Doesnt even beat the A10 from Apple. Its old tech, masqueraded as new.

Exynos 8895 is not. Its smokes everything out there and is a worthy upgrade from last year. IMO SD 835 is not AT ALL a worthy upgrade from SD 820/821. Again though, my opinion.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

Its cool man, I owned both of those so I was rather positive.

Note 7 WAS Snapdragon eh? Hmph.

Still feels like a slap in the face to me man. We could have had better.