cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!Smiley Happy

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Galaxy S line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this morning announced the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+!. The device has a breathe taking new design which includes 88% screen ration, S8 is 5'7 inch screen and the S8+ is 6'2 inch screen, Fingerprint sensor on the back and new Snapdragon processor. Also comes in different colors and includes more features!! 

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Click on the account you want to access ( Some have multiple accounts ) - click on your number ( if you have multiple numbers) - scroll down and click on Device Reservation. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want and it wil,l show you a list which will include the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ in Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues . The reservation list is different statues and numbers for all models / colors and groups ( Business, Consumer and pre orders have different line ups and numbers.)

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them or going to the store. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online. The store can help you log into ur account and let u do it but there is no pre order list in store.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help Smiley Happy

EDIT - The phone is available in Midnight Black and Orchid Gray in Canada. Maple Gold, Tactic Silver and Coral Blue, along with Midnight Black and Orchid Gray colour variants will be available in the U.S. and other markets. 

So sadly we are only getting the Midnight Black and Orichrd Gray in Canada. Later on we will get the other colors hopefully. 

EDIT 2 - In Canada the S8 is set to start at $1,035 CAD with the S8+ costing $1,115. Carrier pricing is not avialable  at the moment. Soon it will be. 

EDIT 3 - April 21st is when the S8 / S8+ will be launched!

***Edited Labels***

2,931 REPLIES 2,931

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @theka

There is no que for that order. When u do a Pay Now Ship faster option you just pay now and wit until they ship it to u. There is no status or anything. I explained this before as well.

If you wish to cancel, u can. Unfortunately this is how it works with this way. Nothing can be done sadly. Managers can't even see ur status or anything. The warehouse can only see it when the devices come in and get shipped out.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Redefined

As i said on my first post and many posts. Business and corporate customers reservations or pre orders may not get them after the launch. This happens every year and every time a phone gets launched. Why? Most likely due to the corporate accounts and business accounts which have different codes and security codes on them.. Maybe they know that being a corporate customer u pay less then we and make u guys wait?. No one know and u won't get that answer either sadly.

nexxusty
I plan to stick around
These are Snapdragon S8's aren't they?

Ugh.

Not interested if so. I'll cancel my pre order if this is the case.

140,000 from the 821 to 163,000 in Antutu is a joke.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ajpeebles

Unfortunately that was a system glitch which only a few saw and got removed. You can't get that pricing even if u had a screen shot of it as it was a system error and glitch and they do not honour that.

Thats why no one can seem to find it as it got removed pretty quick. Maybe u had ur laptop, tablet or phone which showed it a couple days later but it got removed a day later it was posted and only a few saw it.

So unfortunately u will need to pay the $320 instead and or not get it. They won't offer u that as there is no record and it was a system glitch thay caused it.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @nexxusty

Yes i mentioned this before on the thread lol.

Unfortunately the only ones that get Exynos is Korea And China I believe. No one else.

Avimergui86
I plan to stick around
There was a glitch on the 31st but I think your best bet is to speak to retentions.
The S8+ was at 169 on their site as well, I spoke to a manager at the customer service and he assured me that once the phone is billed I'll be able to get it at that price.
Also the argument is clear I went to the trouble of upping my plan to a premium plus tab to be eligible for the promotion.
Which never allowed me to proceed with that pricing. Spoke with customer service they assured me to try again the next day and I'll get it at the price shown in the end. Once I placed the order the following day the price had gone back up.
Hopefully it won't be a huge hassle to get them to honor that price considering my order was placed during that time and I have screenshots

tierackk
I plan to stick around
Okay great Thanks!

nexxusty
I plan to stick around
. ....

No S8+ for me then. I don't pay for looks and this will be a sidegrade coming from a G5 performance wise.

Weak Samsung. Really weak.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Avimergui86

Even then there is no record that it was that price.. U got lucky to get it for that as the manager saw it but unfortunately for this user, no manager will drop it to $99 unless they have a huge reason and see it.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @nexxusty

Honestly it's pretty fast so far and have not lag or anything and I am running well over 17 apps, music and also internet and all.

In the end it's ur choice but again we only got lucky to get the S7 and S7 edge with Exynos. No other Samsung device came to Canada with Exynos other then those two.

vsnlweb
I plan to stick around

Woot woot... Went down 2 spots in three weeks... 176 to 174... Disappointment to say the least!

Mattmcnamee
I've been here awhile
Thanks meow mix.

I don't see it in any of those places though...if it's a business account...would that be why?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @vsnlweb

You will be on the second batch Samsung will be sending to Rogers. Just need a bit more patience that's all. I know u want the device but Rogers doesn't handle the shipments from the manufacturers. They get what they get sent.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Mattmcnamee

It would be there BUT did u do the pre order over the phone or online? If over the phone then no.

enigma4321
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix @SwordFish99

ALWAYS setup your device with the new sim in. the reboot and wiping of the device is normal. its been this way prior to the note 7 (meowmix)  🙂

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @enigma4321

I never experienced this before until the Note 7 but I always put the sim in, maybe that's why haha. With the Note 7 I didn't do it haha.

RAwhite1987
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix

Any ETA on the second batch or should we start with the virgin sacrifices?

enigma4321
I plan to stick around

@nexxusty

How are you comparing the 821 when this year its the 835! 

Dont get me wrong, id prefer the samsung cpu anyday.. but we dont have a choice here and you will only be able to buy a 835 s8

Even the asian models might not work here properly either if the frequencies are wrong

enigma4321
I plan to stick around

@nexxusty

Wait a downgrade (Edit: sorry sidegrade which is still so wrong!! ) from the g5?!?!?! What are you on buddy!!! 

Are you the one who said the G5 was the only lag free phone last year too?? lol!!!!!!

People need to do research before saying whatever they think is right lol

I will try and talk to Retentions, thanks.  I haven't been able to get anywhere yet and I don't have screenshots because I thought it was just a special deal I got, trying to get me off an older cheaper plan and was already a Samsung customer with an outstanding balance on my phone still.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ajpeebles

Unfortunately retentions won't do anything so I don't want u wasting ur time on nothing. They can't change the price unless they see it and or there was a promotion. It was a glitch and if they don't have any records for it, they won't give u that price.

Even if let's say they do, they won't do it at the store. They will give u a credit on ur next month's invoice. So u still have to pay that amount upfront for it either way. Store or ordering it online.