Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Worth every bit so far i love it. Will take some getting used to big size
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @X_x__SnAkE__x_X

Agreed! I Actually love the 6'2 inch display. By far the best screen I have ever seen on a mobile device! Not to big either for me!
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix. my bad. getting impatient. ups site says it's was delivered. but agents saying something else.
I Plan to Stick Around

So here is a lesson for everyone!

I got my new S8+ Grey phone today and set it up with the SIM card as I wanted to keep my old phone working while I setup my new one. During setup, I couldn't remember my Google password so I reset it. Everything went fine and I setup all my apps. At the end, I shut down the phone and inserted the SIM card. To my surprise, when trhe phone booted, it had reset itself! So, I started to reconfig it again but when I got to the place where I enter my google password, I get this message that since my password had recently been reset, I can't enter it again for 24 hours?? what is up with that? I can logon to my account on my computer but the phone won't let me activate it using my google info? Stupid security if you ask me. I should be able to verify who I am rather than be completed locked out!

I Plan to Stick Around

My reservation status is still open therefore my device has not yet shipped so I'm assuming I might not even get it until next week. Which is fine but say if I were to go to a store on launch day & they happen to have a device on hand (not my reserved device) & I decided to purchase it will that still be considered a pre-ordered device & will I be able to still qualify for the Gear VR? I have already filled out the form.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SwordFish99

Contact Google support and they should be able to resolve the password issue for you. Happened to me and that worked.

As for setting up and rebooting it happened since the Note 7 or before I believe.

So my suggestion to anyone, do not setup the device until u put in the sim card and it does it updates. If u setup the device without the sim, you will have the same issues as @SwordFish99 were u have to do it again.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @sk8one

I don't believe so but no one can be done sure unless Samsung has a list of all the IMEI number and that have been put in pre order status and thus they know which one is which.

This is a question to make for Samsung Canada. They can only confirm this.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @pixel_xl

No worries! Agents need to get their act together. They most likely have misplaced it or forgot where it is.

On the UPS site, it shows who singed for it. Call the store and ask for that person. See if they can get a hold of them and let them know what's going on.
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok makes sense. Better safe than sorry & wait for my reserved device.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @sk8one

I would just wait for it. It might take a couple more days or so but in the end u will get the pre order bonus instead of nothing right.