Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @richardmatnog

Is the device in the store?what's your status on the reservation system? Did u do the pay now and ship faster option?

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey ,

As a follow-up my S8+ (Black / 64gb) was shipped last night and I wasn't home to pick it up today.

Going to pick it up at a depot tomorrow!

I sold my Note 5 too early and I'm temporarily using an S4 , I'm going to really appreciate the S8+!.

(FYI my phone was pre-ordered on April 1st).

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Avimergui86

Glad to hear!!! Smiley Happy
I Plan to Stick Around

@masterrubik I'm in winnipeg too and just like you I preordered on the first day and got the text last tuesday that my phone has shipped. On Saturday, I got the call from my rogers store saying I can pick it up on the 17th.
Try calling your rogers store because they may already have your phone but just lazy at looking for their deliveries. this happened to me 2 years ago with the S6 edge. If I hadn't called and told then I know my phone was at their store, they wouldn't have called me. If they say they don't have it, leave it at that then wait an hour and maybe they'll call you back to say they have it already
I've Been Here Awhile

hey guys, I got my S8+ black from store right now but when I sign in to my samsung account as promotion said and I had registered for gear vr, but  I didn't get any email from samsung regarding to vr or any confirmation that they will send it to me. also I didnt get any netflix code from store. anyone knows how they work?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @xy1408

You have to register on this link to get the Samsung Gear VR and controller.
http://pages.samsung.com/ca/preordergift/English/index.jsp

As for the Netflix, u will get a Text message within the next 5 business days giving u the code.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks @cez, I did call the store, they said, they haven't received any s8 devices. And not to worry I will get a call when it arrives. I don't want to tell them how to do their job. So I'll wait. Official Launch is Friday, just disappointing about all the promises to release early and even the shipping notice, so far not meaning anything. Not sure if it matters or delays anything but I picked an Airsource (authorized Rogers Retailer) as it was an option for the pre-order, so maybe they have delayed shipping. They didn't even pick up their phone yesterday and it took 3 calls today to get them to answer. Not too impressed. But alas it is just a phone and it will arrive when it does. Luckily I didn't sell my current phone just yet so I'm not without, as others have mentioned.
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey @Meowmix thanks for reply

I have already sign up from the link that you provided and I sign in with my samsung account from the phone and I only got an email saying thanks for registering your galaxy s8+. I didn't received any confirmation that they will send the gear vr. Is that normal? Did you got any confirmation about gear vr?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @xy1408

We all got that email. Samsung will only email us when the shipment is shipped out. That's all Smiley Happy. They did the same with the Note 7 bonus gift too.
I Plan to Stick Around

Id like to know this too.