Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @mfraser314

No one is saying anything about that. He is asking about the plan he had before, being given back but unfortunately if he was a older plan, they can't bring those plans back..

So either he gets stuck with that or a similar plan he had before. Also its 15 days / 30 minute return policy with all carriers..

"Returns:
Wireless devices may be returned within 2 weeks of purchase (and the applicable service cancelled
without an early cancellation fee) and refunds will be processed within 5 business days of return, as
long as: 1) the device is returned in complete and original condition to the store where it was purchased, or as specified in the document entitled How to Return Your Rogers Wireless
Purchase enclosed with your device and 2) cancellation is requested within 15 days from date of
activation and 3) your account has incurred less than 30 minutes of airtime usage. You will be billed
for all charges incurred up to the point of deactivation. Headsets/earpieces, used SIM cards and
prepaid airtime are not refundable."
I Plan to Stick Around

No, that's not what he's asking. Re-read his post. He asks if he chooses to return the phone within the 15/30 rule can he also walk away from the contract and go with another provider. The answer is yes, he can.
I Plan to Stick Around

Can I ask why someone would go from an $80 monthly plan to $125 just to get the phone at the reduced price? Why would you pay $45 more a month for two years ($1080) vs paying an additional $240 now and keep your existing plan?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

To each their own i guess. Everyone has different thinking on what they will do with their plans. I would never change from that price plan but maybe it was forced to do it!
I Plan to Stick Around

@wpd1

I completely agree. Doing the math, he'd lose a lot more by upping his plan
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mfraser314

Then yes that is correct. Once u return the phone and cancel the account within the 15 days / 30 minute policy then yes u can go to any other carrier u want pending a credit check with that carrier and whatnot...
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

In order to keep his old plan he would have had to purchase the phone outright at over $1000 for the S8 and over $1100 for the S8+.
I Plan to Stick Around

@comcry

Keep your existing plan and pay the higher price for the phone. If you don't like it, return the phone within the time frame allowed and get your money back and no impact to your existing plan. If you like the phone, your still saving $840 vs upgrading your plan to get it at the reduced price.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mfraser314

That is correct but then again jumping to that plan will cost in the long run more then anything. Again it all depends on what was said to them and what happened. I never thankfully had to jump a high price like that but yeah.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys

Some more good information!

" Update #2 – April 18th, 9:15am: Rogers has resolved the issue and Rogers and Fido customers can now pick up the Galaxy S8 from the retail locations."