Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @xy1408

Most likely but call the store tomorrow before going to make sure all is clear!. 🙂
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey meowmix,
The device just got dropped off. It's absolutely gorgeous. So after this experience it seems like it's best to hedge your bet. Choose pick up, choose delivery and cancel whatever is last.
Thanks for all your help Meowmix! Rogers is lucky you keep people in the loop.
I Plan to Stick Around

Just received an email indicating plan change and showing the charge to my account for my s8+ grey. I checked on my Rogers account and my IMEI is changed. Hope that means my phone delivery is eminant! No notice of shipping though.

I've Been Here Awhile

I have pre ordered the Samsung Galaxy S8 on April 1st already.
I have not received anything until today when I got an email notifying me of "changes made to my account" but no shipping email.
Is this normal? When will my device ship?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Ffttttyu

Yes this is normal as this shows that u are being charged for the device. The device should ship out soon. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @gaidin58

Yes once it shows that, your device is ready to be shipped out. Most likely tomorrow!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @tierackk

No need to thank me! I am here to help all of you in need! 🙂

Glad you are enjoying ur device!
I Plan to Stick Around

@Ffttttyu yeah same for me, which is why initially, I had also done the preorder to pickup in store.

Now that I am just about to go pick it up in store, my account has been changed and the phone charged, which I guess means I am about to receive a phone at home??

Is it hard to give any sort of confirmation...I hope that I won't run into trouble tomorrow morning at the store getting the device because of that sudden change to my account 😕 (Assuming we can finally activate them tomorrow morning)

I've Been Here Awhile

So before anything, I had to call Rogers to fix a problem with my account.

Now after it was all said and done I asked for any info they may have. Apparently the problem is stemming from the devices official release date being the 21st. According to the manager I spoke with everything was fine until today where it decided to disappear off their sales systems. He seems to think it may not even be fixed tomorrow but advised to call in before coming in to store

I don't know how that can be accurate considering some people were able to buy it outright, but their claim was they weren't even able to pull it up on their registers
I Plan to Stick Around

What we really need is to crowdsource you a thank you gift @meowmix  .   We should you get you a Midas Champagne bottle (40 Litres)