cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!Smiley Happy

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Galaxy S line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this morning announced the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+!. The device has a breathe taking new design which includes 88% screen ration, S8 is 5'7 inch screen and the S8+ is 6'2 inch screen, Fingerprint sensor on the back and new Snapdragon processor. Also comes in different colors and includes more features!! 

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Click on the account you want to access ( Some have multiple accounts ) - click on your number ( if you have multiple numbers) - scroll down and click on Device Reservation. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want and it wil,l show you a list which will include the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ in Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues . The reservation list is different statues and numbers for all models / colors and groups ( Business, Consumer and pre orders have different line ups and numbers.)

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them or going to the store. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online. The store can help you log into ur account and let u do it but there is no pre order list in store.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help Smiley Happy

EDIT - The phone is available in Midnight Black and Orchid Gray in Canada. Maple Gold, Tactic Silver and Coral Blue, along with Midnight Black and Orchid Gray colour variants will be available in the U.S. and other markets. 

So sadly we are only getting the Midnight Black and Orichrd Gray in Canada. Later on we will get the other colors hopefully. 

EDIT 2 - In Canada the S8 is set to start at $1,035 CAD with the S8+ costing $1,115. Carrier pricing is not avialable  at the moment. Soon it will be. 

EDIT 3 - April 21st is when the S8 / S8+ will be launched!

***Edited Labels***

2,931 REPLIES 2,931

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RAwhite1987

I really doubt that is the issue. Their servers are not up to date and running older servers and tech.

I am starting to think that someone forgot to turn on the switch and this caused it.

enigma4321
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix

"its not our fault" in other words lol!

but if its a known issue, then why isnt it fixed ffs!! lol

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @enigma4321

Honestly this is always the issue with Rogers. Always has issues with launches and then blame it on some " unknown" issue. lol

now this

"Additionally, Rogers has responded to
MobileSyrup‘s response for comment, stating: “We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. We will update customers as information is available.”

enigma4321
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix

So why dont they flip the switch already!

Im swearing a lot today, but i think i have good reason to. Since i sold the G6 earlier too. Using a 5 year old phone 😞

enigma4321
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix

I did the whole overnight wait for the iphone4, years ago, which ended up being fun, except for once we were in the store.. i was in the store ready to activate my new iphone 4 at around 10am. i was out of the apple store by 2:30 pm cause all systems were down-up-down-up-down-up for activations.. 

Yup not a new story at all

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @enigma4321

They do not care that u sold your phone. Believe me they do not. At this point i guess they are trying to fix whatever is going on and i want to see what we all get for this issue.

Anyways i updated the above post with what Mobilesyrup got from Rogers as a response.

enigma4321
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix

Lets hope its soon!!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @enigma4321

Its every launch for the Samsung and iPhone devices that have this issue. It seems they are running older servers or systems which can not handle more then a couple thousand activation at a time.

RAwhite1987
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:

Hello @enigma4321

Honestly this is always the issue with Rogers. Always has issues with launches and then blame it on some " unknown" issue. lol

now this

"Additionally, Rogers has responded to
MobileSyrup‘s response for comment, stating: “We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. We will update customers as information is available.”

So what happens if they accidentally delete the rogers customer database trying to fix this issue? I doubt that will happen but it would make for some entertainment. 

Nothing quite like rogers servers wiping themselves clean. 

enigma4321
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix

No i know they dont care about me selling my phone, not saying they do.. but compensation would be nice for all this trouble lol. give me a free case or something just to show they care lol

But this whole thing is just a big joke really. so in the end im not mad, just frustrated as everyone else i think

enigma4321
I plan to stick around

@RAwhite1987

That would be awesome!!! No more contracts for all!

kavkaz
I plan to stick around
Rogers has very complex systems and there is no one switch that can fix it all. likely multiple databases are impacted and data is there but not flowing through. we went through something similar not long ago. So I feel their pain.. but that still leaves us without phones today

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @enigma4321

I agree with you. I am not mad but more frustrated that i wasted a nice day trying to figure this out and going to the store for nothing. Now i have to go tomorrow to get it if the system will let them.

A free case or some sort of credit for the mess up should be given out. That i agree with.

enigma4321
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix

They also wouldnt lose much by giving a credit or a case

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kavkaz

What makes NO SENSE is that the ones that are getting their phones today via the Pay now ship faster option, have had theirs activated and shipped out without a issue.

So why can the stores not do so? If this is a " unknown" error, then the others should be in the same situation as us.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @enigma4321

Agreed. A small credit or case would be nice for this but doubt Rogers will do anything. They will just say " Sorry for the inconvenience" meanwhile all the other pre orders with all the other carriers have been shipped out to customers and they are doing their stuff properly. Meanwhile here with Rogers we are stuck.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RAwhite1987

They have back ups for that. Its happened before on someone and they were able to retrieve their data lol.

Oh i know

RAwhite1987
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix Dang it.. where's Wayne Knight when you need him (think Jurassic Park).  

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RAwhite1987

LOL that is true!!! 😉

RNEric
I plan to stick around

I called Customer Relation and complained about the delay...he then offered me a $25+ HST credit for my account...

I suggest you all call and asks ...

enigma4321
I plan to stick around
I spoke to the loyalty department earlier today but only cause I have 5 lines on mine account and got 15$ off my plan for 2 years. So that saves close to 400$ over that time. Can't complain really. Paying 95 for 15GB and unlimited everything else :). Won't get better deals elsewhere