Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

I transferred over my SIM card.  Doing the initial setup now.  I haven't seen any issues yet.  I guess we will see if everything got moved over ok.  Will report back shortly.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @AccordXTC and @enigma4321

It's my girlfriends and she doesn't need it or want it. Plus the outside and bad enough on the back and it lags. No one will pay more then $150 for it anyways. So for me it's not a big deal...
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mr-Panigale

Unfortunately I haven't seen or heard anything for them. Only store credits for trade ins
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Simin43

Sadly no. It's not one of the phones for the promotion
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys

Here is some info

" Update 17/04/17: MobileSyrup has obtained an internal document regarding the situation, which states: “The Samsung Galaxy devices S8 and S8 + are not added to the system for sales. Last week, the Samsung Galaxy devices S8 and S8 + for customers who pre-ordered or reserved began to be shipped in store. As we have previously announced, customers were able to recover their pre-ordered or reserved unit as of April 17th. However, due to a system problem, the devices do not appear in the system for sales.”
I Plan to Stick Around

Just saw that update on MobileSyrup - I'm not really sure what it tells us? "FYI - we told people they could come get their phones on the 17th, but they can't." There's no path forward or proposed solution. Not even a timeframe.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @G_Money

Rogers should be doing something nice to their customers for this mess.. enough ts been happening for years.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @G_Money

Rogers should be doing something nice to their customers for this mess.. enough ts been happening for years.

That's what I'm saying. I can't imagine how mad those people are that sold off their old phones because they expected to get theirs today. Some kind of compensation should be considered, even if it's small.

I'm Here A Lot

Just left the rogers pickup store and they have the phone but can't sell it. They called the central and said to come back tomorrow. Oh well
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix I messaged Rogers on Facebook.  All they are saying: We don't have an update with the issue at this time. We do hope that we can get an update as soon as possible for our customers so that they can enjoy the new device and its features! Again, we apologize for the inconvenience! -Chris

I love bs answers.  I asked him what they will do to make their customers happy again, that is what they said to me.