Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Pre-ordered day 1 for pick up in store. Brookfield location, downtown Toronto. Got my call  over the weekend like some of you did that the device was ready for pick up. Walked into the store to meet an 18yr old sales rep with no clue about the delay. I walked in, mentioned I was there to pick up a pre-ordered S8 that was waiting for me as per my phone call. All he was able to mumble was that he couldn't sell me the phone today due to a technical error. So I kindly asked when I could come back. He said "The phone is released April 21st." Not sure that was the appropriate answer. I repeated I had a pre-order waiting for me, I received a phone call it was in store to pick up. I asked if he received the phones. He said they did. I said, "So this technical error will take 5 days to resolve?". Thankfully the manager was in the back and overheard our conversation and gave me a more educated answer and said to come back in approximately 4-5 hours. And that was at 9:30am. I've called since (around 12:30) and still no luck.

Now I ended up on here to see if this was a widespread issue. Clearly someone dropped the ball BIGTIME. Now being that I'm in the service industry myself, when we make mistakes that affect our clients we compensate them accordingly. My question is how will Rogers or Samsung compensate us IF this issue doesn't get resolved in a timely manner? If they fix it today, great! But imagine if I had sold my current phone this morning like others have and now to find out there's no phone coming today OR until the 21st? I would be fairly upset.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ghammer80

That happened to me many times. Sometime the image takes more then a couple days to appear but of the IMEI to be added on ur account and work, makes me wonder of the store systems are the issue.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Wow shocker doing something with Rogers and it not going as planned. Well the new marketing at Rogers is keeping true. Get it as soon as April 17th gives us the thought it was possible but Rogers knew lol.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @AccordXTC

Yeah that's true. I wonder what is causing the stores not being able to add the IMEI number yet the order ones shipped to home are able to do it. Hmm.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

For me its more of an inconvenience of taking time standing in a store for an hour to find out nothing can happen and to repeat that process again when ever they get this figured out.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @AccordXTC

Agreed. It's a burden when they could have easily said something but they didn't. The stores are having the issue with their systems and seems like the back end will take their time to fix it. Time that was wasted by their customers waiting around for nothing. They should know better.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

HOLY !

Guys I just got this text message!!!

[1/2] Hi, QMS Driver Umair is delivering your Rogers or Fido order today 2:30-9PM Plz TEXT 6477718888 if you WONT be home. INCLUDE Your Address and quote

[2/2] this Ref # XXXXXX and a better day/time to deliver
THX-QMS
Drivers driving,cannot always respond ASAP
Msg&DataRatesMayApply

I guess I'm getting my phone today after all WITH an IEMI #!!!

Wooooo!!!

I Plan to Stick Around

Well I just got a text message saying my driver's name and that he will be here between 2 and 930pm. So in the end the pay now to get it faster was sort of true. I guess I'll cancel the in store one when I get this one in hand.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @tierackk

Glad to see u will get it by tonight!!! 🙂
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @A-Wad

Glad to see u will get it tonight! Enjoy 🙂