Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

I would suggest to go tomorrow , I already went today and waited 1 hr and left.

The store just called me back and told me they will be adding all the IMEI overnight so they'll be ready for tomorrow. He told me today is a for sure no.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys

Honestly we can all wait until tomorrow If that's the case. I wish we can get it tonight and or today but I doubt it 😞

Atleast we know they are at the store lol
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey!

Update on my order. Says it's out for delivery as of 1:17pm so I'm assuming it should get here by the end of today which is super exciting. Just to reiterate, I ordered the S8+ Orchid Grey, I live in Pickering Ontario and preorder date was March 31st. Shipment coming through a courier known as QMS. Let you guys know when it arrives!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Jonathan3440

Very nice! QMS is a good company! I got my iPad Air 2 Cellular from Rogers and a driver from QMS texted me and called me on his way!
I've Been Here Awhile

@AnonymousUser

Let me know how it goes for you, I'm getting mine outright too.

Not sure if I'll be seeing the same problem or not

I Plan to Stick Around

So this is interesting news for people that ordered Ship to Me, I just checked my account on My Rogers site, and the line I upgraded now has a new IMEI associated with it under "Manage My Device" section. It has no device image and the says "Samsung" and the new IMEI number, my previous phone on this line was an iPhone 7. So I'm guessing this means they have actually scanned a phone and assocated it with my account, hoping the next step is shipping and the whitelist issue should fix itself overnight. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Okay, the problem is not the waiting until tomorrow. Lets be honest nobody is going to substantially suffer by waiting an extra day.

My problem is the lack of communication here between 2 multi billion dollar companies and their paying customers.

I would love to have some sort of an offical rogers or samsung announcement on the issue instead of just giving us the run around....Every....Single....Launch day.....

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ghammer80

That makes no sense then. If yours is showing the IMEI number and they can activate it, then how come the stores can't? This is very odd.

Happy u will get urs though!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Jkennedy1

Oh believe me i would like to know as well what's going on here. Seems like the ones that did the ship to home have theirs scanned and the IMEI number added but the stores can't. Different systems but it's the same result in the end. Something fishy is going on.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix Right? Also it only says "Samsung" and no other details, image etc. So I think it might be the same issue, the phone isn't 100% in the system.