cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!Smiley Happy

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Galaxy S line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this morning announced the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+!. The device has a breathe taking new design which includes 88% screen ration, S8 is 5'7 inch screen and the S8+ is 6'2 inch screen, Fingerprint sensor on the back and new Snapdragon processor. Also comes in different colors and includes more features!! 

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Click on the account you want to access ( Some have multiple accounts ) - click on your number ( if you have multiple numbers) - scroll down and click on Device Reservation. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want and it wil,l show you a list which will include the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ in Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues . The reservation list is different statues and numbers for all models / colors and groups ( Business, Consumer and pre orders have different line ups and numbers.)

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them or going to the store. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online. The store can help you log into ur account and let u do it but there is no pre order list in store.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help Smiley Happy

EDIT - The phone is available in Midnight Black and Orchid Gray in Canada. Maple Gold, Tactic Silver and Coral Blue, along with Midnight Black and Orchid Gray colour variants will be available in the U.S. and other markets. 

So sadly we are only getting the Midnight Black and Orichrd Gray in Canada. Later on we will get the other colors hopefully. 

EDIT 2 - In Canada the S8 is set to start at $1,035 CAD with the S8+ costing $1,115. Carrier pricing is not avialable  at the moment. Soon it will be. 

EDIT 3 - April 21st is when the S8 / S8+ will be launched!

***Edited Labels***

2,931 REPLIES 2,931

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

mparizeau
I plan to stick around

@hhh0505  The only store in Montreal that can handle them now is the one in Place-Ville Marie I think.

It used to be on St-Catherine, but now it's in PVM..And they have the worst staff ever there, avoid the guy with the long greasy hair if you can, he couldn't care less and just wants to watch videos on his phone 😕

hhh0505
I plan to stick around
Seems they were instructed to send it to DSG.

jeff14
I've been here awhile

I don't understand how a company of this size can mess this up so badly when. it's something they do multiple times annually.

I'm among the group who "paid now to get it sooner" and I don't think one of us has heard a single thing from them.

also, Rogers has been advertising a free blue jays hoodie along with the pre-order, yet there's nothing on their website at all about this. I spoke with a support rep and he told me to register for it at www.rogersjersey.com

of course, the link is broken. what a disaster.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @hhh0505

Even if they do that, they might lucky to have it done on the back end but could take hours. Hopefully it doesn't!

hhh0505
I plan to stick around
Honestly it frustrated me that the system itself would allow to me to send a device to a location that I was going to upgrade to that cannot handle buisness accounts.

For now the rep at rogers business found a work around and will call me back every 30 mins u till my device is whitelisted. Was pleased with that help around least because I really gave it to the rep.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jeff14

Unfortunately that's only for in store not for pre orders. It's on their Facebook page as a advertising promotion.

So the free Blue Jays sweater can be given out if u do a upgrade to a new phone on a 2-yr Share Everything plan in store only.

" Want a free Blue Jays™ hoodie? Simply activate a new phone on a 2-yr Share Everything™ plan. While supplies last. In-store only."

This is the reply below I got.

"This promotion is being promoted via Facebook, we have offers on different channels. The offer is straight forward, when you activate a new phone on a 2-yr Share Everything plan, you'll be able to get a Blue Jays Hoodie while supplies last, In-store only. If you're out and about, drop in at your local store if you'd like additional details! ~M H"

johentie
I plan to stick around

@hhh0505

how was ur device shipped already if ur a business account? from my knowledge u can only get it shipped to your house, and it's already activated..

i am #22 and my status is still IN PROGRESS (Pre-Fulfillment) ..which means nothing has happened since i pre ordered it on March 30th...

load of nonsense that the corporate side gets messed... and then when u try and switch back over to consumer side u get treated like a new customer ... i want to switch back so badly but they won't offer me anything

barbas
I plan to stick around

Did you guys know if this is a Rogers problem only? I remember a guy with bell was asking question here, they get it already?

hhh0505
I plan to stick around
Man don't ask me, I prefer ordered online via myrogers.com and somehow I got my device shipped to a store. Again my account just has a corporate discount but not actually managed by corporate, maybe that's why?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @hhh0505

That makes sense. My account had My Best Buy corporate account and was able to do reservations and upgrades in store.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @barbas

Seems to be a issue only with Rogers

jeff14
I've been here awhile
that is ridiculous, if that's the case then they should be informing their customer service employees of this. I was informed that I was eligible for the offer despite my preorder being online. I was also told a few weeks back that I couldn't even preorder in store.

oh well I guess. Meowmix, have you heard anything at all regarding the "pay now" orders? has a single customer heard anything yet?

barbas
I plan to stick around
Did you have a share everything account ? I am on corporate but to upgrade I have to change my plan.

italianfitguy
I plan to stick around
Good news, or bad news, depending on how you look at it lol.

I called my store and they have my S8+grey, now the bad news is that i cant pick it up till the 21st due to technical issues in the system.

The funny thing is my reservation still says in progress. I was #12.

Oh well, at least i know its there waiting for me yaaayy lol.

"Barney,barney,barney "lol

A-Wad
I'm here a lot
This is why you upgrade online AND reserve a device.

I'm just going to walk up and get my device and they will add it to my account that is already changed to the new Share Everything plan.

Then I will either call Rogers to cancel my upgraded phone or wait for it to arrive and send it back to the store.

Easy as pie, but probably not because it's Rogers...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jeff14

unfortunately even if they do, the reps make up their own minds and say what what they want. I have experienced this first hand many times.

My sources told me that they got told they will get more devices in sometime today or tomorrow. Hasn't heard anything about shipment yet still waiting for that.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @italianfitguy

Lol reps are giving out wrong information again. It seems they will never stop..

johentie
I plan to stick around
@hhh0505

ahhh ok.. then ur not a business customer.. u just get a cooperate discount on a consumer line..

for those corporate account holders... the update is... NOTHING...

again like always no one on the business side knows anything.. nor do they know anything about it being shipped out and picked up on the 17th .. i tried to find the promo page that said April 17th, but they seem to have removed that line from the consumer side as well hahaha

italianfitguy
I plan to stick around
Ok im confused @Meowmix, what wrong info did she give me?

enigma4321
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix

More and more i wish there were more choices in Quebec for cell carriers.. the small ones have some of the best deals around and i can bet you MUCH better service than the big 3. Example, i am with Teksavvy for internet, and they have 10 times the customer service that Videotron or bell can offer me in quebec. 

Hope they fix this issue soon cause i am getting fed up of Rogers.. lol 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @italianfitguy

No where in the email they got does it state they need to release the device that are at the store already on April 21st. The rep is assuming that date because that's the official launch date. That's all.