Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @enigma4321

That is correct. All Rogers corporate stores are told not to use manual papers anymore and do it via the system. Doing it manual paper could bring problems down the road and missing payments.

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm at a rogers store now in Montreal and have the same issue. They sent in a picture of my IMEI and are waiting for it to get it whitelisted I have a complex issues on top of it since I have a buisness account and my phone was shipped to a store that can't handle buisness accounts.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @hhh0505

That is correct. Although sending a picture of the IMEI won't do anything as the store needs to input it and not the back end.
I Plan to Stick Around

@hhh0505  The only store in Montreal that can handle them now is the one in Place-Ville Marie I think.

It used to be on St-Catherine, but now it's in PVM..And they have the worst staff ever there, avoid the guy with the long greasy hair if you can, he couldn't care less and just wants to watch videos on his phone :/

I Plan to Stick Around

Seems they were instructed to send it to DSG.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I don't understand how a company of this size can mess this up so badly when. it's something they do multiple times annually.

I'm among the group who "paid now to get it sooner" and I don't think one of us has heard a single thing from them.

also, Rogers has been advertising a free blue jays hoodie along with the pre-order, yet there's nothing on their website at all about this. I spoke with a support rep and he told me to register for it at www.rogersjersey.com

of course, the link is broken. what a disaster.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @hhh0505

Even if they do that, they might lucky to have it done on the back end but could take hours. Hopefully it doesn't!
I Plan to Stick Around

Honestly it frustrated me that the system itself would allow to me to send a device to a location that I was going to upgrade to that cannot handle buisness accounts.

For now the rep at rogers business found a work around and will call me back every 30 mins u till my device is whitelisted. Was pleased with that help around least because I really gave it to the rep.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jeff14

Unfortunately that's only for in store not for pre orders. It's on their Facebook page as a advertising promotion.

So the free Blue Jays sweater can be given out if u do a upgrade to a new phone on a 2-yr Share Everything plan in store only.

" Want a free Blue Jays™ hoodie? Simply activate a new phone on a 2-yr Share Everything™ plan. While supplies last. In-store only."

This is the reply below I got.

"This promotion is being promoted via Facebook, we have offers on different channels. The offer is straight forward, when you activate a new phone on a 2-yr Share Everything plan, you'll be able to get a Blue Jays Hoodie while supplies last, In-store only. If you're out and about, drop in at your local store if you'd like additional details! ~M H"
I Plan to Stick Around

@hhh0505

how was ur device shipped already if ur a business account? from my knowledge u can only get it shipped to your house, and it's already activated..

i am #22 and my status is still IN PROGRESS (Pre-Fulfillment) ..which means nothing has happened since i pre ordered it on March 30th...

load of nonsense that the corporate side gets messed... and then when u try and switch back over to consumer side u get treated like a new customer ... i want to switch back so badly but they won't offer me anything