Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

This works for some, it works for me. If you want to verify if your store received your phone, go to the UPS site and under Tracking, look for Reference Number. Enter your phone number in the Reference number box. Use a computer, not a phone to look it up. If your phone shipped using UPS, you should see the status. Be sure to enter the area code along with you mobile number.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Mine was supposed to ship to a store as well. What I find odd is not that only 2 people had it shipped, but that those two people weren't #1 and #2 (or even close to it). What's the point of waiting on the site for preorders to open if phones for people later in the queue get shipped first?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd

I think Rogers has changed this as i remember them telling me they no longer will provide ur number or postal code as reference if it's being shipped to the store.

But it does work sometimes I noticed.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @bobsquid

I agree in some sort. If u are #1 then the first one should go to u. Bur it doesn't guarantee you will get it at launch. Please read the FAQ to know more about it. I even posted this on page 1, post 1. The reservation device doesn't guarantee a device for u at launch. Only puts them aside when they come in.

I Plan to Stick Around

Works perfectly well for my phone. Shows it was received by the store on Wednesday and even who signed for it from the store
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

Thats why i said "but it does work sometimes". So it seems like for some it may still be active which is a good thing!
I've Been Here Awhile

I understand the not getting it at launch concept @Meowmix, and like I said, I'm not confused about that part. What doesn't make sense to me is if they are being put aside for people in order of the queue, why does someone close to 100 get theirs shipped before the person whose phone was put aside at #1 on the list? It would make more sense of everyone's order was delayed.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @bobsquid

That I agree with. It does seem weird that the first ones didn't move yet someone higher got it. Makes no sense
I Plan to Stick Around

How do I check the status of my order? I did a device upgrade on March 31st when preorders first went up for the Galaxy s8+ Orchid Grey and got it shipped to my house and used payment option "charge to bill". I didn't get any email confirmations just the final page confirmation. When I select "Hardware Upgrade" on My Rogers I get an error message just saying "Sorry" and then options for call and live chat. I tried live chat the other day and all the guy told me was that it was preordered and to be shipped to my home address but nothing else. I didn't get charged the 40$ reservation fee and my bill still hasn't been charged, no email of confirmation or shipping info as of yet.

*Selected "Hardware Upgrade" over "Device Reservation" because i had to ship to house and charge to bill because I had an outstanding credit and the only option under reservation is to have it sent to a store.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Jonathan3440

The only other way is calling into Rogers and checking with them. You won't get charged a $40 as that's only for the reservations and not ship home option.