cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!Smiley Happy

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Galaxy S line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this morning announced the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+!. The device has a breathe taking new design which includes 88% screen ration, S8 is 5'7 inch screen and the S8+ is 6'2 inch screen, Fingerprint sensor on the back and new Snapdragon processor. Also comes in different colors and includes more features!! 

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Click on the account you want to access ( Some have multiple accounts ) - click on your number ( if you have multiple numbers) - scroll down and click on Device Reservation. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want and it wil,l show you a list which will include the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ in Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues . The reservation list is different statues and numbers for all models / colors and groups ( Business, Consumer and pre orders have different line ups and numbers.)

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them or going to the store. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online. The store can help you log into ur account and let u do it but there is no pre order list in store.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help Smiley Happy

EDIT - The phone is available in Midnight Black and Orchid Gray in Canada. Maple Gold, Tactic Silver and Coral Blue, along with Midnight Black and Orchid Gray colour variants will be available in the U.S. and other markets. 

So sadly we are only getting the Midnight Black and Orichrd Gray in Canada. Later on we will get the other colors hopefully. 

EDIT 2 - In Canada the S8 is set to start at $1,035 CAD with the S8+ costing $1,115. Carrier pricing is not avialable  at the moment. Soon it will be. 

EDIT 3 - April 21st is when the S8 / S8+ will be launched!

***Edited Labels***

2,931 REPLIES 2,931

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

sabesh
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix

BTW, there's at least one person whose S8+ Orchid Grey has shipped (on Thursday). Cannucklove, post # 776.

Also, agreed with you on all points concerning the blame game:

1/ Rogers (or any other carrier) never said "Will ship by 17th for pre-orders".

2/ Not sure why anyone blames Rogers, as none of the other carriers have communicated anything to their customers with regards to the 17th shipping either.

3/ There's no need for Rogers (or any other carrier) to notify the customers if the preorders are not shipped by the 17th, as they never guaranteed it.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @sabesh

You are correct! I thought it was a S8 but it's a S8+.

That is correct. All carriers posted ( Order by April 11th and get it as early as April 17th) but never guaranteed that pre orders Will ship out on April 17th. Just said as early as April 17th.

Again i agree but many others do not see it that way and I see their point too.

Obaid
I plan to stick around

I got a shipment confirmation on Wednesday night for an S8+ Black. Can I be certain that my local store has recieved it by Monday morning?

bobsquid
I've been here awhile
Ummm...@italianfitguy that makes no sense. I was #12 for the S8+ grey...how can they give us both the same number?

liyaguangca1
I plan to stick around

I already used the pay first option, my plan has already been changed but I haven't got any confirmation letter or shipping details yet.  I don't know when I can receive the phone, maybe next week or maybe next month, who knows. However, my plan switch from $85 to $125 after I made the pay first option (Pew, that was quick). The question is, how long will I receive my phone. I'm using $125 plan and still using my iphone, thats so unfair :S

BS
I'm a senior advisor

Yes, for sure the whole preorder, prepay models that abound at the moment are creating huge confusion for customers.  It seems to be largely pushed first by the producers, then followed up by carriers, leaving the carriers, and finally the stores, to hold the boat a float as customers start flowing forward.

Meowmix has done an excellent job each time at explaining how each preorder model works, and what you can and cannot expect and keeping those up to date.

It is similiar to a software I bought recently - I preordered and paid in advance, only because it gave me access to a 6000 member beta testing program, so it gave me early access to the software and the chance to influence what would come.  But other customers who did not go the beta route (it was a limited specific group who could enrol for beta anyway), are screaming like crazy, and the answer they are getting, is, but you know, when you peordered, you got 10.00 off the upgrade price when it comes out finally, and an even better price if buying new without upgrade - that is true, but the beta has taken 4 months longer than expected, and these people are sitting with paid for software wondering when they will ever get it, and beta testers are dropping off like flies, because they are just getting tired, and the old software has been retired due to a major change in functionality that the old one is not supported anymore and all their efforts are on trying to meet the third drop dead date.

So, I have generally stayed away from preordering - any freebies, or slight discounts, I have generally found to not be worth the frustration, but to each their own.  Hope everybody gets their devices soon.

And as for the comment about old devices, I have a few BB devices still kicking around, but I run my devices for 5 years generally, unless I break them, and I have the tech skills to order parts on ebay and fix them with ease.  And great thing is that I always have a working device as a backup.

I seem like an oddity to some, but I don't think I am fully a dying breed.

Heres to the new devices, whatever it is that they do that my current ones don't do.  Do enjoy and may they come soon.

Bruce

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @liyaguangca1

Honestly at this point it can be anytime. There is no real answer to that.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @bobsquid

Either it was a error on the system or maybe a different line. I was #1for the S8+ Black meanwhile someone else was as well

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Obaid

Did u have it shipped to a store? If so then yes, today you can pick it up

mparizeau
I plan to stick around

I am not sure why everyone is saying no Grey S8+ has shipped??

I ordered it on March 31st, I was #94 in the customer side queue, and it shipped last Wednesday.

If anything they have shipped much less than the black one perhaps?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @mparizeau

While that is true, however only a handful have had theirs shipped it seems. Everyone else is stuck. Only 2 people have had theirs shipped. You and canucklove it seems. No one else. So u must be the 2 lucky ones unless there are others that haven't reported it or on the forums.

bobsquid
I've been here awhile
Now I'm really confused. Did you actually receive your grey s8+? I was #12 and mine still says "in progress"

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @bobsquid

Theirs shipped to the store. So they will receive it today or when they pick it up. Only 2 people on this thread alone have had theirs shipped out. No one else it seems like. Only 2.

wpd1
I plan to stick around
This works for some, it works for me. If you want to verify if your store received your phone, go to the UPS site and under Tracking, look for Reference Number. Enter your phone number in the Reference number box. Use a computer, not a phone to look it up. If your phone shipped using UPS, you should see the status. Be sure to enter the area code along with you mobile number.

bobsquid
I've been here awhile
Mine was supposed to ship to a store as well. What I find odd is not that only 2 people had it shipped, but that those two people weren't #1 and #2 (or even close to it). What's the point of waiting on the site for preorders to open if phones for people later in the queue get shipped first?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd

I think Rogers has changed this as i remember them telling me they no longer will provide ur number or postal code as reference if it's being shipped to the store.

But it does work sometimes I noticed.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @bobsquid

I agree in some sort. If u are #1 then the first one should go to u. Bur it doesn't guarantee you will get it at launch. Please read the FAQ to know more about it. I even posted this on page 1, post 1. The reservation device doesn't guarantee a device for u at launch. Only puts them aside when they come in.

wpd1
I plan to stick around
Works perfectly well for my phone. Shows it was received by the store on Wednesday and even who signed for it from the store

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Thats why i said "but it does work sometimes". So it seems like for some it may still be active which is a good thing!

bobsquid
I've been here awhile
I understand the not getting it at launch concept @Meowmix, and like I said, I'm not confused about that part. What doesn't make sense to me is if they are being put aside for people in order of the queue, why does someone close to 100 get theirs shipped before the person whose phone was put aside at #1 on the list? It would make more sense of everyone's order was delayed.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @bobsquid

That I agree with. It does seem weird that the first ones didn't move yet someone higher got it. Makes no sense