Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @Kyleck1990

I really do not want to keep repeating my self here but if you look around, NO ONE has had their Gray model shipped out yet for the S8+ and very little have been shipped out on gray around the world.

All of them back been black models. I can give u around 6-7 links showing this as well. Even MobileSyrup posted a update on their article saying so. All images of the phones that have been shipped out for the s8+, have been black.

AS for the past, while yes this has happened before, the stores get some devices to give out to their walk ins. As of why u never got urs, really do not know.

In the end, this is something that is happening to all carriers around the world. To blame Rogers is kinda out of the world as they aren't responsible to make the devices or shipping from the manufacture. This is something Samsung is responsible and has not answered anything when they have been asked. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Anyone know how high up the S8+ Black queue number is?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey, not for one second do I think it is wrong to blame Rogers. They could tell us what is going on but they won't. I am buying it from Rogers, not Samsung so I don't accept Rogers hiding behind Samsung saying its out of our control. If I buy a new Ford and have an issue, I don't get to call Ford and complain, I have to go to the dealer to get it fixed. Rogers is no different. The fact that Bell and Telus are in the same boat is irrelivent! 

I Plan to Stick Around

I was #12 for the s8+ grey, it's still in progress.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SwordFish99

IF Samsung does not give them the okay to say what they want, how is that Rogers fault? The manufacture has to give the carriers the green light to make any comments regarding shipment delays from them.

In the end this is something Samsung should be announcing and letting us know. AS it stands, no one has had their gray ones in S8+ shipped out and no carrier has made any comments. You can search it up and see it for ur self. Actually it is relitvie as they have not shipped out any gray ones as of yet and made no comments either. So their customers are in the same boat as we are here. 

Again i see it from your point but i see it from the other side after doing the research.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

If they still have a delay by the end of next week with no shipments of the S8+ Grey you can expect an announcement, especially if the S8+ Black is being shipped out. 

I Plan to Stick Around

You don't have to repeat, sorry you feel that way, I am just frustrated because of the lack of response and I agree it's likely not rogers fault for the delay, but it's the past issue I mentioned, the lack of information given, (even an email update, like here is your s8 plus order confirmation) or even a (unfortunately there will be an expected delay for your order) just something to go off of would be appreciated, also I love the effort you put into these threads meowmix, I am appreciative of that.
I Plan to Stick Around

I agree @swordfish, but it is what it is, no sense stressing on something that is out of your control. Im just as disappointed as you are.
I Plan to Stick Around

I posed a question to the Samsung community forum. If I hear anything I will let everyone know. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Kyleck1990

Believe me i want to hear from them to see whats going on but they can not give any info out unless Samsung tells them too. Remember a carrier or company can not go ahead and say " Samsung is having a delay" if Samsung does not give them the okay to say that. It all comes down to them getting the okay to give out info. I learned this from them before.