Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

So who here that ordered the Grey S8+ will actually be getting it tomorrow (or have it available for pickup)?

Just trying to get a sense of the delay.

I Plan to Stick Around

@RAwhite1987

I've only seen one person report that her Grey has been shipped. As I said last Wednesday, expect a delay if you're expecting it t'rrow. Hopefully, we'll actually get it on the 21st (as Samsung hasn't said anything about a delay yet). I'm not in a rush .. I just want it by May 30th, so that I don't miss the VR headset, Hah.

I Plan to Stick Around

I just want it before I go on vacation at the start of June lol. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RAwhite1987

Only a S8 has shipped with a gray. Not the S8+

Also as i said, MobileSyrup was updated a article that shows that no one has said the S8+
in Gray has not shipped out
I Plan to Stick Around

Fair enough @Meowmix

Just a theory but the UK and most other countries are having their release date on April 28th. It got me to thinking that Samsung may be shipping most of their product there in advance of the release date. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Well if I don't get it by the 23rd, I won't be getting it. I leave for vacation on the monrning of the 24th so they can keep it. I really don't care who's fault it is (Samsung or Rogers) but I will take it out on Rogers because they are the ones that 1) get my money and 2) said if I order by a certain date I would get it on the 17th. Also Rogers could tell me when I will be getting my phone but won't, so again, I point the finger at them!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SwordFish99

Well Rogers never promised you would get it by the 17th. They said " Order it before April 11th and get it as early as 17th" No where did it state u will get it on the 17th. Just says AS EARLY. Not a promise.

Also i see your point but blaming Rogers for something that may not be in their control is kinda silly. If again you go online and read all the tech sites that reported S8 and S8+ devices being shipped out, all the S8+ Gray have not shipped and only black ones have.

In all, this is something that has been going on with everyone.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RAwhite1987

I thought that too but seeing as no one has received any notices for the gray one to be shipped out on the S8+, i am wonder if something is going on with that color.
I Plan to Stick Around

Indeed @Meowmix

Sadly, it is too late to switch colours for myself at this point. I would be in the high three digits if not the low thousands

I would rather be at 97 for a delayed phone than 1000 for a non-delayed one. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Thank for the responses everyone but I'd have to agree with swordfish back when I bought my iPhone 6 plus I reserved one, and a week after release I still never received my pre order, I went into the store to simply inquire and found they were selling them over the counter to walk in customers... long story short I had to cancel my pre order and and get the over the counter one in order to receive it. Also by doing so I never received the the free blu tooth speaker they were gifting with the pre order at the time. If this is a repeat I As well a customer of 9 years will be taking my business else where sadly to say