Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Just got a call from the Rogers location where my S8+ is being delivered to. It's at the store and I can pick it up on the 17th. Yippee!!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nooch

Gladd to hear!! Smiley Happy
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks Meowmix

Did I read somewhere on this forum that for upgrades done in-store that the cost of the device is now paid for in-store as opposed to it being billed to the account?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nooch

That is correct.. So i would advice you and everyone else picking up the device in store to have the money ready as any upgrades being done in store, will be paid upfront. The upgrade fee and $20 connection fee will be changed on ur invoice though.
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm getting so jealous hearing about you guys having your phone shipped.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mr-Panigale

Its okay. Mine shipped but the store rep was rude towards me.. Called in asking for for a trade in for my phone and asked if a reservation phone came in. His response was " i can not disclose that information to you. You have to wait until u get a call" lol what? I asked a simple question. Seems like reps in the stores are giving more nonsense responses now. Told him it's for me as I got a shipment email and just wanted to know and I know i have to wait until Monday anyways. Still said the same. Asked for his store managers name and was told that he won't be in until next week. Hung up. Called me within seconds later to tell me they haven't received anything yet.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

I would definitely talk to the store manager, if his / her employee is gonna be that rude on the phone for a simple question!

I didn't know about this new rule, paying when picking up the phone. When did this change? Have a link for more info? Thanks for all the help as always!
Highlighted
I've Been Around

So I'm #1 out of 146 for the S8+ Orchid Grey on the Business Rogers Direct site.  Any idea when I can expect my device to arrive?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @enigma4321

Yeah i will once I go in and get the phone on Monday. It was a simple question really but I guess the rep didn't see to mind being rude. I get it we have to wait for the phone call but since I called to ask something else, I asked and got that response. I still haven't received a call from them about it either lol.

Yes i do. It was posted on Mobilesyrup but u will see in the comments section where I had to fix something for Rose ( Dimitri btw is me that's my real name lol) look at the image there too see Smiley Happy.

It change in February.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2017/02/10/rogers-wireless-customers-losing-ability-charge-upgrades-bill/
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @BrentA

Unfortunately it may come after launch if u are lucky or it may come on launch.

As i said before, it seems with business and corporate customers reservations they tend to take a bit more time to get them out. It's been happening for years now.