Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

@Meowmix They said it was because of the pre-order of the S8+ but that they could not see anything until the day my bill is supposed to be paid. 

I went to the live chat who said my bill was not properly posted online so they would have to investigate further. 

Apprently they said I have a device balance which I don't understand because my S6 device balance wasa $0 when I ordered the S8+.  I think with all the screwups I had over the phone and via the website they may have actually ordered the phone online when it said I did not. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RAwhite1987

Hmm seems like that indeed happened. Seems like the pre order went through, charged u and just waiting for the device to be shipped out.

I do remember saying that this may happen. I wonder if it is indeed. Unless they screwed up the whole bill. Hmm
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Are stores only getting them on the 17th if a preorder was made and selected for that store?

Just seeing if worst case scenario, if my number doesn't drop before the 17th if there's anyway I could go to the store and pick one up at the store before the 17th
I Plan to Stick Around

Indeed. They gave me a case number and said they would call back in a couple days. I will follow up late tomorrow just incase. It would be nice to get the phone but I tried about a dozen times to orer it without success. I would hate to get 13 phones. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Bryan2k5

Yes that is correct. As per the email the stores got ( which the manager in the location I picked) said that only reservations will be sent out to the stores and have them released.

If u want one and want it as a walk in, u have to wait until the 21st. The only other way I can think of is if they release walk ins on the 17th as well but I doubt it as the actually release is 21st
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RAwhite1987

Lol i hear you. Hopefully all goes well!
I Plan to Stick Around

The website says "order before April 11 and get it as early as April 17!" The key words are "as early as", it doesn't say for sure.
I Plan to Stick Around

I hope so. No one person needs 14 thousand dollars worth of Galaxy S8s

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SwordFish99

That is correct but whoever reservation is already IN PROGRESS should get it on thr 17th. Some pre orders will go as well.
I Plan to Stick Around

Looks like the device has been shipped cause i keep getting bombarded with "Congratulation! Your Rogers reserved device has been shipped" on my text.