cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!Smiley Happy

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Galaxy S line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this morning announced the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+!. The device has a breathe taking new design which includes 88% screen ration, S8 is 5'7 inch screen and the S8+ is 6'2 inch screen, Fingerprint sensor on the back and new Snapdragon processor. Also comes in different colors and includes more features!! 

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Click on the account you want to access ( Some have multiple accounts ) - click on your number ( if you have multiple numbers) - scroll down and click on Device Reservation. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want and it wil,l show you a list which will include the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ in Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues . The reservation list is different statues and numbers for all models / colors and groups ( Business, Consumer and pre orders have different line ups and numbers.)

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them or going to the store. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online. The store can help you log into ur account and let u do it but there is no pre order list in store.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help Smiley Happy

EDIT - The phone is available in Midnight Black and Orchid Gray in Canada. Maple Gold, Tactic Silver and Coral Blue, along with Midnight Black and Orchid Gray colour variants will be available in the U.S. and other markets. 

So sadly we are only getting the Midnight Black and Orichrd Gray in Canada. Later on we will get the other colors hopefully. 

EDIT 2 - In Canada the S8 is set to start at $1,035 CAD with the S8+ costing $1,115. Carrier pricing is not avialable  at the moment. Soon it will be. 

EDIT 3 - April 21st is when the S8 / S8+ will be launched!

***Edited Labels***

2,931 REPLIES 2,931

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

tierackk
I plan to stick around

Hey Meowmix.  So your thinking if it says 'In Progress' than we wil get it on the 17th?  I have a high numbr so I though it might have been up in the air for that day.   Awesome!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @tierackk

Indeed so! Usually they will ship them out Thursday and have them delivered to the store on Monday but seeing as we have been in progress since Friday, ours might be delivered to the store as early as Thrusday or Saturday ( Rogers uses a Saturday deliveries at times).

Well I just got off phone with store and they are insisting I can't pick up the phone until the 21st.... So i hope there's no trouble when I go in on the 17th if it is there... I am #54 still status OPEN as of right now. Good luck everyone 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jackthecompguy

If your reservation goes to the store before or on the 17th, they SHOULD be giving it out. I would print screen the page on the Rogers site which shows it and tell the story that it shows it on the website!

Yeah for sure. I will do that. Just to confirm though the earliest we can pick up is the 17th right? Even if it arrives before then?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jackthecompguy

I called my location and he knows about the 17th but no email or memo was sent to all the store to let them know to release them on the 17 until the 24th out. He said once the devices start shipping in store, they will get more information.

Unfortunately I doubt they will be able to release them early unless the get a email or memo saying they can.

I even asked him why hasn't a email been sent out or memo seeing as ALL carriers and even Samsung Canada is doing this. Didn't have a answer other then (head office usually waits a day or so before to send out emails or memos to the stores).

clr416
I plan to stick around

I'm number 54 for a black s8. Do you guys think it's likely I'll be able to get mine on the 17th?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @clr416

If they get more this week in and ships out for Monday then yes!

Ishtpreet
I plan to stick around

I went to Rogers store to see the phone in person today. I must say its the most beautiful phone i have ever seen. I think the width of screen could have been a bit more, but other than that no complaints. The screen is so gorgeous. Now eagrly waiting for my pre order to arrive. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Ishtpreet

I haven't seen it yet but I am keeping it surprise for my self! I have heard many lovely things about the screen and how it's actually one of not the best one out there!

Cheers...just wanted to confirm. I am away until saturday anyway but fingers crossed it comes in for me!

To whoever said that - i am 54 for the s8+ gray so maybe our orders will get filled at the same time!

As I said before it is looking like those waiting for the Grey S8+ will be waiting awhile. The black is being mass produced but for some reason the grey is the less popular model. 

really? i was under the impression they had lots of stock seeing as i went from 211 nationwide to 54 in a few days.

I ordered the Grey S8+ and went fro 258 to 101 after the first batch was provided to rogers. In that time the numbers for the black S8+ have been dropping much faster. 

tierackk
I plan to stick around

interesting.  I no longer have a number under my registration page for a black S8+(It used to say 498).  I'm still 'in Progress'.  Anyone else?

SwordFish99
I plan to stick around

I was #11 and went into In Progress mode a few days ago. That means it is being prepared for shipping so you no longer have a "Wait" number.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @tierackk

That happens when u switch to IN PROGRESS. U will lose the number u had a dthe people above u will take over the number.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jackthecompguy

Again it will depends. It could make it but might not. Rogers is expecting more shipments from Samsung this week. So u might get it on the 17th.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @SwordFish99

That is correct as indicated on my first post and post above. That's how this system works.

wonderbyrd
I plan to stick around
I was wondering how likely will they want to change my plan when I get my phone.

Right now I have a share everything plus prem tab 15gb for 95 a month. (I live in Manitoba) I kind of don't want to lose that plan. I'm also without a contract now as of April 14.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wonderbyrd

Depends but most likely they will want u to switch plans. The plan u have is a good one but I believe u pay more for the device upfront instead of the premium + plan which is less on the device price and more on the plan.