Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Hey guys!

So i just got the text below I posted. It's a little reminder to register for the pre order bonus via the link I posted here and also below (which the link will open up to the same page Samsung posted lol)

" Rogers msg: To get your free Samsung Gear VR gift with your new Samsung S8/S8+ pre-order, click roge.rs/GearVR to register. Hurry, registration ends April 23, 2017. After you receive your Samsung S8/S8+, when setting up your new phone you must login to the same Samsung Account Email ID used to register for the gift. If you have any questions or concerns with registering, please contact Samsung Canada at 1-800-726-7864."
katejs657
I've Been Here Awhile

I received that text as well. I was wondering if it was a result of a reservation because I think that counts as a pre-order.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @katejs657

As i said before, the pre order bonuses are included with the reservations.

Any reservations u make for a device, the bonuses will be included! :).

Anyone that reserved the S8 and S8 Plus will get this message.
johentie
I Plan to Stick Around

i wonder if the business side of things will see the devices arriving on the 17th as well.... 

#20 of 99 for S8+ Orchid Gray... ; >

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys! 

So i finally got both cases! The cases feel so nice and it seems like the S8+isn't that big either in the cases! Feels right and excited to use them! ( New Hybrid case and a Rugged Armor case! 

We shall see when I get it!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @johentie

I sure hope so but from what i have seen from many reservations with business and corporate customers, they get their devices weeks later.
johentie
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix
me too, but since maybe the S6.... I have gotten my Note 5, S7Edge and Note 7 shipped the day of launch... so looks like they have improved..
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @johentie

Guess for some they get it at launch but many had to wait ( read those reservation threads to see it).

I do hope u get it at launch ( April 17th for pre order and reservations)
Bryan2k5
I Plan to Stick Around

I reserved mine a few days ago, but haven't received that text message. Anyone else not get it yet?
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Bryan2k5

The text isn't anything important to be honest. Just a reminder to just use the link and register to get the Gear VR Which is the same link on their website and Samsung's page and here too. So i wouldnt be worried if u haven't received that text.