Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

What's crackin' Meowmix!?!?!!!! Robot Very Happy

Still at it eh? LOL, good to know. Should have figured you were still as active as ever.

So we are going to be S8+ brothers hmm? Hehe... What ultra thin translucent cases are you looking at?

I used that style of case exclusively with my Note 5 and it was great.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nexxusty

Still at it! Never left! :).

Yes indeed we are going to be! I am getting the Neo Hybrid case from Spigen and the Armor case from Spigen too. Most likely getting the LED view case as well but waiting for Samsung to out it up for sale.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So, is it still not possible to get the $100 Visa card with an S8 preorder? 

WHen I try to change my plan and device oinline. I can't move the slider off of "No Tab", at the full price.

Thus, I can't seem to take advantage of the online-only offer.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @DrewLazz

Seems like Rogers removed the $100 visa card as a bonus when ordering it online ( not reserving it). Most likely due to many issues getting the Pay now ship faster option which they had the $100 visa card for.

They did however make a deal that if u add a line to a existing Cable or internet with a S8 or S8 Plus, u can get the $100 visa card.

This is under the Details option online.

"Get a $100 Rogers Visa Prepaid Card when you add Wireless service on any 2-year Share EverythingTM plan to TV and/or internet service.75"

" 75) Limited time offer, subject to change without notice, available at participating Rogers retail locations, call centres, and Rogers.com only while quantities last. Available to new and existing TV or internet customers who purchase a new smartphone and activate on a 2-year Smart Tab Share Everything plan or higher. A connection fee of $20/line applies to activate your wireless services. Early cancellation fees apply. Eligible wireless plan activation must be applied on a new or existing TV or Internet Rogers account. $100 Rogers Visa Prepaid Card will be mailed within 4-6 weeks of device activationPrepaid"
I Plan to Stick Around

The website has been glitching since last friday @DrewLazz, I nearly canceled my Rogers contract because at one point I was unable to pre-order the S8. 

I think your best bet is to reserve it and pick up in store. 

Honestly, I wonder if Rogers will cave and give people the 100 dollar card irrespective of how they preordered.  It is as though Rogers is forcing everyone to reserve the phone so they do not have to give anyone a visa card. Makes sense really otherwise you would be giving out likely 10s of thousands of dollars worth of gift cards. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RAwhite1987

Read above my reply to @DrewLazz that will give u a new insight for the $100 card.

Rogers won't give then out like that sadly
I Plan to Stick Around

I saw it. Unfortunently we posted it at the same time Smiley Tongue

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RAwhite1987

😛 always happens!.

It seems like Rogers did remove the bonus of the $100 gift card for anyone that picked " Pay not ship faster" option as it was never working. So they changed the deal to the one i listed above and posted online.

I do wonder though, why isn't the option working and always giving issues.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello @Meowmix

Nobody has a good answer for that. I spoke with at least 6 people for an hour at a time who had no idea what was going on. They went so far as to say I should order online and pay now and even tried doing it on their end. 

The reps I spoke to seemed to think it was a normal preordering issue where everyone rushes to order and the site malfunctions. 

I saw a few people in the rogers store here in Toronto trying to pre-order the phone on Saturday because they were unable to do so online. The people in the store directed them to the website. 

Just my 5 cents here but perhaps the ability to place pre-orders needs to be given to store reps. It would help provide an alternative when things like this happen. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RAwhite1987

It seems there is a issue with the " Pay not ship faster" option. It always has since they opened it up.

This is why reserving the device is best thing to do. This way u can pick it up on store when they get it and u have no problems.

I did however speak to someone within Rogers which did confirm the issue is with the backend server not letting it go through and showing the " Call Rogers". The call center reps and store reps never knew anything.