cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!Smiley Happy

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Galaxy S line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this morning announced the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+!. The device has a breathe taking new design which includes 88% screen ration, S8 is 5'7 inch screen and the S8+ is 6'2 inch screen, Fingerprint sensor on the back and new Snapdragon processor. Also comes in different colors and includes more features!! 

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Click on the account you want to access ( Some have multiple accounts ) - click on your number ( if you have multiple numbers) - scroll down and click on Device Reservation. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want and it wil,l show you a list which will include the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ in Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues . The reservation list is different statues and numbers for all models / colors and groups ( Business, Consumer and pre orders have different line ups and numbers.)

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them or going to the store. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online. The store can help you log into ur account and let u do it but there is no pre order list in store.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help Smiley Happy

EDIT - The phone is available in Midnight Black and Orchid Gray in Canada. Maple Gold, Tactic Silver and Coral Blue, along with Midnight Black and Orchid Gray colour variants will be available in the U.S. and other markets. 

So sadly we are only getting the Midnight Black and Orichrd Gray in Canada. Later on we will get the other colors hopefully. 

EDIT 2 - In Canada the S8 is set to start at $1,035 CAD with the S8+ costing $1,115. Carrier pricing is not avialable  at the moment. Soon it will be. 

EDIT 3 - April 21st is when the S8 / S8+ will be launched!

***Edited Labels***

2,931 REPLIES 2,931

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Jkennedy1
I plan to stick around
Thanks much @Meowmix

I suppose I will get 2 new phones this year ^_^ And not buy the note 8 from Rogers if they don't offer us any deals 😛

Let us hope we get a Note 8 + S Pen soon though 😄

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @@Jkennedy1

If i see the Note 8 is the same as the S8 Plus, I'll just keep the S8 Plus instead!

wpd1
I plan to stick around
President of Samsung already confirmed there will be a Note 8 this year.

tierackk
I plan to stick around
Are we supposed to get a confirmation about the preordered device. I change my plan to one the the ones listed and chose to pay in full on a 2 year term. I received the email about the plan change but nothing about the device. It's been over 24 hours is this normal. There is nothing listed in my account and I did a live chat as well. How is everyone knowing what number they are.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Yes but not confirmed if carriers will support it due to what happen with the Note 7 and or when it's coming out. But yes he did.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @tierackk

I have suggested on here many times do to the reservation instead of the pay now get it shipped home option. That option to has been having major issue lately.

The way everyone is seeing number is by Logging into My Rogers - pick ur account number and phone number, then scroll down and pick Device Reservation.

The pick the device u want, which location ( Rogers Plus store ror authorized store) and then submit. This is a reservation for the device u pick. For more information please read on page 1,post #1.

tierackk
I plan to stick around
I see thanks. I was following the thread earlier on but then it grew so fast. I'll check it out. When you say having issues lately do you mean that it possibly was not preordered?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @tierackk

That is a possibility yes. It's happened to me before and many others when it first came out ending of last year. Seems like they are fix that issue.

If indeed it did go through though, reject the package when it comes to u and once it's back to the warehouse, they will reverse the charges on ur credit card.

tierackk
I plan to stick around
Oh I see. So leave things as they are. Preorder like you recommend and cancel the package when it or if it arrive​s.

Thanks

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Jkennedy1

Yeah better that way honestly. 🙂

tierackk
I plan to stick around
I did it your way. I'm at 489 but am assuming that should be alright. I'll reject the package when/if it comes. Thanks meowmix. You are more informed and helpful than the live chat.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @tierackk

You are welcome! No need to thank me though! I am here to help u guys out 🙂

RAwhite1987
I plan to stick around

Is anyone experiencing issues with the preordering? I am trying to preorder the phone but whenever I select the S8 plus I get told by Rogers I selected the S7. 

When I did manage to get the right device to show up, I tried to go with my existing premium plus tab and was told that there was an issue with my account so I had to call Rogers. 

When I called Rogers they had no idea what was going on. 

They claimed to have put an order through earlier today over the phone but that order did not exist apparently. 

I am one more screw up away from going with Bell. 

Anyone else having issues?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RAwhite1987

When u called in this morning to do the order, did they send u a email confirmation of it? If not then that's why. Also over the phone and in stores they do not do pre orders. It's only online with all carriers

The system is having glitches THUS why i have mentioned doing a reservation instead would be the best idea at the moment.

Doing the reservation would be the best thing at the moment. Then u pick it up in store and do the upgrade then.

RAwhite1987
I plan to stick around
I had hoped to get it before June 2nd (I am on vacation outside Canada for the month of June) so sending it to the store was not ideal.

Any idea how much longer it would take compared to getting it to my house?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RAwhite1987

You will get it well before June. The pre orders will start being received in stores on April 17th. So if u aren't on the first batch, u will be on the second one. That takes a week or two. Not Months ( that's iPhones and even then it takes weeks.).

RAwhite1987
I plan to stick around

Would that still constitute a preorder? Trying to get the VR headset at the same time.

enigma4321
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix

The note 7 features is a small gesture in my mind.. haha

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RAwhite1987

Yes it will but do remember the pre order bonus is done by Samsung. Please visit the link below for more information for that

http://pages.samsung.com/ca/preordergift/English/index.jsp

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @enigma4321

Agreed! Lol.

RAwhite1987
I plan to stick around

Thank you!

I saw that link from Samsung, already filled out the bit there. God I hope I get this before I go on vacation.