Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Well technically my currenty share everything plan is still ongoing and will expire on august.  Also they never said anthing about getting a new share everything plan.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Gregole

Since you are buying the phone outright, they won't ask u to change ur plan as u aren't upgrading. The system won't sign into ur account t when doing a outright purchase. All u will do is pop the sim card into the device and on u go. That's why they won't and will not ask u.

The change of plans to new ones to get the phone for cheaper price on a sub is for the ones doing the upgrade on their accounts.
I Plan to Stick Around

Still eligible for the promotions right?  Still have the reservation from rogers and samsung store for a fallback.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Gregole

Yes. The promotion is straight from Samsung Canada and not Rogers. That's why it tell you to do the form with Samsung and then sign into ur Samsung account in order to get the promotion bonus. If u go to the link, all it tells u is Pre order and sign form that I have linked above and sign into the device once u get it in order to get the bonus item. The same thing happened with the Note 7. You had to sign adorn last year and pick with promotion u wanted. Either a Gear Fit 2 or the speaker. Many who got it outright got the gifts. ( although some did not due to the recall but that doesn't matter here).

So yes u are eligible to get it
I Plan to Stick Around

I see, thanks for the info.  Glad I skipped out on previous Note 7, in more ways than one.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Gregole

Although the recall was bad, the Note 7 was and still is a amazing device. Why? Many and I included will tell you if the device was still with us, it would have won the award for Best device and also the style and feel of the Note 7 was amazing. Outbeat the iPhone and S7 edge.

None the less. Samsung has come to terms and added what the Note 7 had and made the S8! Loving it
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

Ya I agree, the note 7 was fantastic! What a horrible way to go down in history though lol
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @enigma4321

Agreed. Although Samsung did good after and gave us the features the Note 7 had but on the S8 with the exception of the spen
I'm a Regular

Well so far i've had no luck with the pre order but used the normal reservation system and #211 in line for the S8+ Orchid Grey. Shipping to the closest Rogers Plus about 30min drive from me. Called them and they are OK with me as a level 1 authorisation picking it up. So I think i'll stick with that at this point.

Can anyone confirm the reserved devices will start shipping out on the 17th?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jackthecompguy

As per the website and I have said this a couple of times, yes. This is what it shows.

"Plus, order before April 11 and get it as early as April 17!"

So yes it should be starting April 17th