cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!Smiley Happy

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Galaxy S line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this morning announced the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+!. The device has a breathe taking new design which includes 88% screen ration, S8 is 5'7 inch screen and the S8+ is 6'2 inch screen, Fingerprint sensor on the back and new Snapdragon processor. Also comes in different colors and includes more features!! 

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Click on the account you want to access ( Some have multiple accounts ) - click on your number ( if you have multiple numbers) - scroll down and click on Device Reservation. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want and it wil,l show you a list which will include the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ in Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues . The reservation list is different statues and numbers for all models / colors and groups ( Business, Consumer and pre orders have different line ups and numbers.)

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them or going to the store. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online. The store can help you log into ur account and let u do it but there is no pre order list in store.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help Smiley Happy

EDIT - The phone is available in Midnight Black and Orchid Gray in Canada. Maple Gold, Tactic Silver and Coral Blue, along with Midnight Black and Orchid Gray colour variants will be available in the U.S. and other markets. 

So sadly we are only getting the Midnight Black and Orichrd Gray in Canada. Later on we will get the other colors hopefully. 

EDIT 2 - In Canada the S8 is set to start at $1,035 CAD with the S8+ costing $1,115. Carrier pricing is not avialable  at the moment. Soon it will be. 

EDIT 3 - April 21st is when the S8 / S8+ will be launched!

***Edited Labels***

2,931 REPLIES 2,931

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys!

So i got some food news for the ones looking to see which headphones come with the S8 and S8 Plus!!

"Samsung confirms Canadian Galaxy S8 smartphones will come with AKG headphones inside the box

The AKG by Harmon headphones Samsung said will be included with every S8 smartphone sold in the U.S., will also be included with Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ units sold through Canadian carriers and retailers, Samsung Canada confirmed today"

Good to know. I'm on a loyalty plan paying 145 for 15gb with a bunch of other discounts on it so i don't want to mess it up. I'm seeing what they can do right now.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jackthecompguy

Good and hopefully they can do something for you!

Gregole
I plan to stick around

Just wondering, what are the chances of us actually getting the phone on the 17th?  Also moved up from 166 to 157, are people cancelling their reservations?

sk8one
I plan to stick around

@Phillipsjonny wrote:

Everyone for the S8 Black should have just moved up one more spot.  I'm looking forward to seeing how you all like this phone. 

@Phillipsjonny yep I moved up a spot to no. 1. Is that b/c you cancelled your reservation?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Gregole

Most likely a high percentage. Th fact that Rogers and all carriers have been given the green light by Samsung to release pre orders a couple days before the official launch seems to be the same as LG doing the same with the G6.

Remember it's Easter Monday so depends on ur location and when the store opens and such. We shall know more next week Hopefully when our statuses start to change.

sk8one
I plan to stick around

@Gregole

@Gregole wrote:
Just wondering, what are the chances of us actually getting the phone on the 17th?

Depending on whether your local Rogers is open I'd say chances are pretty high for those who are in the first batch of shipments anyway. Someone mentioned that the last phone they reserved they got theirs on time and their position was 200 something.

Gregole
I plan to stick around

My local rogers store is inside the mall so they are likely open.  Maybe I should cancel my reservation on the Samsung store since I will likely buy it outright and unlock it, need to think of a new plan in the future as my plan is getting expensive (6gb unli for almost $150).  Need to think of other options.

sabesh
I plan to stick around

Received the Spigen slim armor for the s8+ y'day. Compared it to my slim armor for the s7 Edge: It's the same width, slightly taller. So, nice to have a "feel" for the physical size. I was worried that the s8+ is going to be too wide, but now I'm happy 🙂

I've now moved from #5 to #4 - s8+ orchid grey.

sk8one
I plan to stick around

@Gregole wrote:

My local rogers store is inside the mall so they are likely open.  Maybe I should cancel my reservation on the Samsung store since I will likely buy it outright and unlock it, need to think of a new plan in the future as my plan is getting expensive (6gb unli for almost $150).  Need to think of other options.

@Gregole You have a 6GB plan for $150? That IS expensive? I had a ShareEverything+ 10GB-Prem Tab plan for $125 but had to change it to a 15GB for $145 in order to get the phone. Not a huge deal as I had removed $20 worth of add-ons on the 2 lines in my account so as far as my monthly goes it's the same.

I'll tell you though plans nowadays are getting more and more expensive. Back when contracts were on a 3 year agreement I had a 6GB plan for $60! Gone are the days...

Also if you buy it straight from the Samsung store their phones should already be unlocked no?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Gregole

Thats alot. I am paying $125 for 10GB data. So i would consider calling in and having the plan cha changed for u.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @sabesh

Very nice! Mine just arrived in Vancouver so I'll be getting both of mine next weekl

sabesh
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix "Both"?

Gregole
I plan to stick around
You dont know the half of it. I usually tether my phone on my laptop and sometime steam and uplay app dont respect metered connection and just blatantly downloads tb of updates. My only somewhat fix was to set auto download updates after 12am.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @sabesh

Yes i got two Spigen cases for my S8+. I got one Neo Hybrid case - and costed me $11.48 with taxes (discounting included) and the other one was the Spigen Rugged Armor case which costed me $9 with taxes and discounts. Used two amazon log ins to do this as u can only do one discount on one case and account at a timr

ee7
I'm here a lot

Hi!

This morning (about 12 hours ago) I reserved the S8 and I chose the 'pay now' option. So I went through the entire process and I got to the final page where I got a message telling me that I would get an email confirming my pre-order but I got no email! I also cannot find the reservation anywhere on my rogers account.

Has anyone else had this issue? I don't even know if it's reserved for me at this point 😞

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ee7

That option is not a reservation that's why u can't find it. That is a order that comes to u.

The reservation means u reserve a device and picking it up. Which shows u the status and number u are at.

Some have had this issue and I even explained many not to use this option unless u are willing to wait.

Have u checked all ur folders? Also the email could take 24hrs to come through.

I would reserve a device just incase this option doesn't work out.

Go into My Rogers - Pick ur account and number, scroll down and click on Device Reservation and make on on there. Pick ur location u want the device to be mailed to and picked up at

ee7
I'm here a lot

Yeah I have checked all folders and alas, nothing. I'll reserve like you mentioned just in case! 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ee7

Most likely the system has accepted the order but the email might come late or not. Its always best to do the reservation as well just in case! 🙂

ee7
I'm here a lot

Thanks for the help!! Sorry to bug you again! I ordered the Orchid Grey but now im leaning towards the black. Do you know if it would be possible to change it in store if I end up liking the black more?

mparizeau
I plan to stick around

@ee7 I have the same issue.

Fortunately, I had also reserved one yesterday morning through the 'Reserve a Device' Page for pickup in store.  This order was properly placed, and I can see a status and confirmation. (I am #100 for the Grey S8+)

Later in the afternoon yesterday, I also tried to reserve a device through the 'Upgrade your phone' page. From there I got the 6 steps to chose a phone to be sent to my home, chose a plan, and the option to pay now, but have it billed on my next bill.

Just like you, I saw the confirmation page at the end, but never received an email to confirm the pre-order or have a status or anything.

After two days of back and  forth with the online chat support, several departments on the phone, I understand that it did NOT place a reservation.

I then came here and also sent a PM to @CommunityHelps which is where I finally got an answer.

I was told that if it did place an order, I would see it under the 'Reserve a device' page along with the other reservation I placed that morning. Apparently the one I see there is the only one that exist.

In the event that I pickup my first reserved device in store(the one that I can track and the only one that seems to exist for now) and I do receive the second one later at my home, I was told I can simply not accept the package, and it will be sent back and I will be refunded/not charged the amount that was supposed to be billed on my next bill.  

Apparently even if the package gets delivered to my home when I am not there, I can return it to Rogers and they should accomodate me and refund me. I am hoping this is right, as I don't want to pay for two devices.

So to wrap it up, the 'Reserve a Device' page is the only one that seems to really place an order that can be viewed and cancelled. The 6 steps form that is accessible from the home page or 'Upgrade my device' page does not place any order nor send confirmation.