Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

I am first for the S8 Black (not the plus version) on the reservation system... I think whoever is number 2 is about to move up one spot.  I usually like to upgrade to the latest phone that comes out but for some reason with this one I seem to be hesitant.  I have an iphone 7 and 7 plus and while this one sure does look nice I am wondering if there is enough reason to upgrade.  As for ios vs android... I am comfortable and happy with either... so can someone talk me into why I need 😉 to get this phone...  I am really torn as to what to do.   

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Phillipsjonny

Not bad! Atleast u will lower everyone by one spot lol
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @AccordXTC

As per Rogers, all pre orders and reservations will start being in stores as of April 17th. I posted it on the last page or page 22.:)

As for Netflix, u should still get the 6 months promotion either way
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I need help! Nobody on the phone or in a store seems to be able to tell me. I may have reserved two devices, but I have no way of knowing for sure.

So I first went through the 'Reserve a Phone' Button under 'Manage My Devices', and there I was able to pick the S8+ in Grey and I was # 100 in line (Consumer side).

Then, I wasn't sure if it came with the bundle or not, so I clicked the link on the home page, and from there I was able to do the Pay now and ship at home option.

Completing the Pay now and ship at home order at approx. 4:15 PM, I saw the confirmation page, it said I will receive a confirmation email shortly.

I now see that it did change my plan to what I selected when ordering the phone, but I NEVER GOT A CONFIRMATION EMAIL!! Now I don't know, is there going to be a phone shipped at my home or not? I am keeping the other reservation until I can find out, but I don't want to waste the 40$ if I don't cancel it on time.

How can I know the status, and possibly cancel this order that was put in through the 'Pay now and ship at home'? I chose to charge on next bill so I have no way to know until then. Nobody on the phone or chat can tell me either. 

EDIT: I got the link and now know how to register and all for the Samsung gear bundle. Since I saw that @Meowmix mentioned it is better to chose the pick up in store option, I want to know how I can cancel the second order for which I have no status and never got a confirmation for.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mparizeau

Have you tried to speak to Live Chat and see what they can do? Unfortunately the stores have no way of knowing what to do.

Also try PM @CommunityHelps and see if they can cancel it for u!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, this is why I am now trying on here. I have tried several time online chat, calling on the phone, and showing up to stores.

So far the guy in the store was the most helpful, but as he told me the orders are managed by the vendor, and apparently Rogeres has no trace of them.

Bu then, how can I see why it changed my plan, and why didn't I get the confirmation email for that change to my acocunt?

Also, there must be a way to contact the vendor, this form has to be sent somewhere! I will try calling the Samsung number on their VR Gear pre-order form (1-855-254-4747) hopefully I have better luck there. Will keep posted if they have any info.

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Sigh... I'm trying to reserve but the website is timing out constantly.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jackthecompguy

Yeah it does the regularly for the past couple of weeks. 😞
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Everyone for the S8 Black should have just moved up one more spot.  I'm looking forward to seeing how you all like this phone. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Phillipsjonny

Honestly my buddy who was lucky to attend the announcement loved both devices! Different then the S7 edge he has but he likes them.

I'll post a review when I get mine!