Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Hello @real__es8

Thats great to hear!!! Smiley Happy
I Plan to Stick Around

Long story short...I think I'm getting the run around from Rogers. I was hoping someone could shed some light on things for me. I was speaking to a manager from the retentions department who was supposed to send me a Galaxy S7 Edge on the 28th. Well it still hasn't been shipped out yet. So after 3 calls they tell me I was dropped into the reservation system since the phone wasn't due to be released until the 31st. I find this hard to believe since several stores that I've called have told me they're sold out. So is Rogers just lying to me since they have no clue what they're doing? And second, if I was indeed in the reservation system does that mean I'm eligible for the GearVR promo? Any insight anyone has would be amazing and appreciated.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @lynx01

That is incorrect and misleading at its finest. The device was launched almost a month ago. It was never launched on the 31st. The backordering and sold out is correct though. All carriers have been like this. Slowly they are getting units in.

That makes no sense at all. They can't access the reservation system so they can't just drop u on there. I would speak to a manager and demand a explanation on what truly is going on because they are all wrong.
I Plan to Stick Around

So sad . . . and the manager was supposed to call me back yesterday to discuss upgrading my other cell line to a new phone . . . and to make sure all was OK with the S7 Edge . . . this is ridiculously frustrating and the reason I think my 19 year relationship with Rogers will be coming to an end. I never get a straight answer when I call in and it angers me to no end! So best buy shows that they have stock in store when I check it online. If I go to a store could I not just pick one up there!??! I've had it with Rogers. And they're going to lose a substantial account when I leave. I mean I have all my services with them so my bill comes to ~$600 a month...
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @lynx01

You can go into any Best Buy Mobile ( within Best Buy) and upgrade your account to the new device you would like. Business and corporate customers can not though. So if you are a existing consumer customer then you are good to go. They will fill out eveything and set u up and that's all!.
I Plan to Stick Around

Does Rogers ever plan on selling the galaxy s7 and s7 edge unlocked at full retail price? I don't see the point of paying full price for a bloat ware locked cell at that price! This would be a huge mistake if they don't plan on offering the choices to customers to do so. Reason being that living next to the USA border I've been purchasing cell phones last several years available unlocked once purchased at full retail. I feel Rogers would gain more customers and support if they did so. If Rogers doesn't plan on this very soon please inform so I can go back to iPhone unfortunately. The galaxy s5 was my first Android after years of iPhone and loved the s5. Yet if I can't (as many consumers agree) purchase bloat ware free and truly unlocked galaxy at full retail than I can see the switching back to iphones and other carriers. Monopolizing of the Ontario market compared to Prarie provinces is kind of pathetic. Since I travel/work in the USA I'd rather carry one cell and swap Sims. I pay $80 per month unlimited everything including international roaming all in no extra charges from my USA carrier. Than again so many more carriers in USA and no big three board member run crtc.
Please consider giving consumers proper options. Run a trial and see if Rogers will gain back customers doing so or even buy out contracts of other carriers like they do over the border. No stepping on toes now tho? Since big 3 are pretty much the big 1 lol.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Stbear007

Unfortunately carriers won't sell any devices fully unlocked regular price. You pa y the outright price to get it and pay the additional $50 to unlock it immediately but other then that no. Sadly no carrier in Canada does this so it's not only Rogers. It seems to be a rule between all carriers.
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes the last few years it has become the big 1 rule so no one steps on toes anymore to control the market. The other 2 have always been in bed with each other which is the reason I switched to Rogers years ago. Mainly because rogers (at&t) didn't play well with the other 2 and that was great and about time! That was until bell got to rogers and convinced otherwise. Now rogers I would see gain back majority of market share like it did back then by separating and getting g back to their (rogers) initial roots. Go back to being number one Rogers and give options you will see people follow you back as customers.
Again ty and looks like back to apple store (not for me but oh well its unlocked from the start)
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Stbear007

Exactly. So thus that's why no carrier in Canada is able to sell a device outright fully unlocked without any bloatware. Apple is doing this from their store one and so is Samsund from their own Samsung Experience stores.
I Plan to Stick Around

So I went in to Best buy to see if I could expedite this process, only to have them say that since they had already processed an upgrade at customer service, there wasn't anything they could do, unless rogers canceled it on the if end so they could reprocess the upgrade in store. Well when I called customer service they explained to me that apparently since they are doing a swap of devices for me it'll take 7 to 10 business days. This makes no sense since I've done several swaps before and never had an issue with it taking this long!! Has this ever happened to anyone else?!!? I'm so done . . . . i hate fighting with Rogers on a daily basis. This is just disgusting.