Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Hello @koldingl93

Release date for the device with all Canadian carriers is March 11th.
I Plan to Stick Around

New account? If I cancel I will have to return it? I'm not sure how it works
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Canadianbacon

You can buy a device outright but the make u open a new account for 15-30 days and then cancel the account. That's how it works. That's the only way to do it. Even Bell has the same policy.
I Plan to Stick Around

I talked to rogers live chat, they said it will include it for people that reserve it before deadline and said buying it out right is fine. He said i didn't need to sign a 2 year contract to get VR
I Plan to Stick Around

I'd like to know this ^ as well. I've found the live chat agents to be quite unknowledgable in the past , so I could see what they told you being incorrect. That said,  I don't neccesarily see the logic behind people buying the device outright not getting the VR (since its a Samsung offer, not one from Rogers). Rogers should clarify this on their website and make everything cristal clear for us (and in writing).

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @koldingl93

I do remember last year that the Wireless charging pad came free to whomever reserved the S6 and S6 edge but many people that bought it outright during that time and reserved it had issues get it for free. Thus said hopefully it comes without any issues. I do agree since Samsung did say it comes for free, Rogers should clarify it.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Canadianbacon

Again that is not confirmed. If you look at Mobilesyrup you will see what's truly going on. With Bell you can only get it on a contract, new activation. So no one knows if Rogers is following that path or not until it's set in stone.
I Plan to Stick Around

So I have mine reserved and confirmed. I plan on buying it outright and hoping that is an option. Can anyone confirm since it was a little weird reserving. I selected the device upgrade option on myrogers, but thats the only option available besides adding a new line. It did take me to the reservatiob page and nothing abt choosing a plan. Hoping they don't force me to get the share everything plan.
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, one of us is being lied to.  @RogersHelp on twitter says and I quote, "Thank you.  The offer is only for customers who reserve and activate or renew on a 2 year term.  You wouldn't be eligible if you purchased outright. ^ch"

After declaring how lame that is, he later goes to say "I am sorry you wont be able to purchase it from us outright and take advantage of this offer. ^ch"

So, in summary,  go into this fully expecting to be shafted by Rogers.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Bcsc

That is correct. That's the same exact thing Bell and Virgin is telling their customers as well. So it guess it is true what I said before as Rogers may not offer it to outright purchase. Also carriers CAN do this. It doesn't matter if Samsung said it's free, Samsung never said made rules for it. So carriers can do it. Just want to add that.