Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

@sparky70

What device did you order and is it corporate?

I Plan to Stick Around

S7 Edge,, no it is personal.  

I Plan to Stick Around

Thats been my movement also in the last week. Started at 56 right before the release and now down to 45. This is going to take forever.  The only movement must be people cancelling their phones. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mohawkrocker

The S7 has been on back order due to the recent sells. Even Samsung Experience stores don't have much in stock and still are waiting for unit to come in.
I Plan to Stick Around

Fair enough but that hasnt been communicated to the customer from Rogers as they are more worried about queuing people than customer experience. If they know its going to take past 14 days, they should communicate this to the client.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello @Meowmix

Well I finally got a resolution! I phoned in and after 20 min speaking to low level phone agent I asked again to speak to either a manager or retentions as I had had enough. So I was put through and I finally spoke to a manager and explained everything that had gone on. She came back and offered me a solution. She did the upgrade right there over the phone and said they could ship me an S7 Edge directly. I was not able to trade in my old device as part of the tradeup program like i was planning but she offered me a discount that came close to matching what I would have got for my HTC One M9. She also confirmed that I was still eligible for the $100 bill discount promo on top of that. I am very satisfied with this persons customer service and am happy that a resolution was able to be found.

One thing I'm unsure of is how this affects the free Gear VR part of the pre-order, as I forgot to bring that up. Well if I dont end up getting one, so be it, maybe I'll pick one up eventually on sale. Anyways thanks for all the advice @Meowmix, greatly appreciated!

I'm a Regular

Who else is a business/corporate customer here? I am and my status is still in progress (pre fulfillment) and I am number 25 out of 113 ... I am at a loss as to why a supposedly pre-ordered phone is taking so long. I was expecting it back when I returned from vacation last Friday and so far this week no movement on status. People in the US were getting their phones before it even released for god's sake. I can't see how the US has so many in stock but Canada has so little... And at the rate they are gouging us for it we should be getting much better service!

I Plan to Stick Around

@jackthecompguy I was 158, and despite 2 delays in verification, I was sent a shipping notice on Thursday night. It is still showing as "Ready for UPS pickup", many days later. This is certainly a tough situation, I've lost 3 prospective buyers for my iPhone 6 Plus. Maybe it's my fault for posting it for sale too soon, regardless...there's no point in reserving a phone if it isn't available to you two weeks after launch and people in stores are able to get some. In my opinion, if a store gets a cancellation, the device should be shipped out to the next in line. lol.

I've Been Here Awhile

I am also a business/corporate customer. Currently sitting at #37. I was patient to begin with but i am too now starting to get rather annoyed with this whole deal. I also don't understand what the point of reserving a phone is if you are not going to take precedent over walk in customers. Its coming up on two weeks this is ridiculous. I could of walked in and got a s7 edge on launch day but waited because i thought my phone would ship out last week. I don't even care about the gear vr so looking back i wish i would of done that. Of Course now all stores are sold out in my area. What a joke.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Dmob84

Do remember not all Rogers stores do have access to business and corporate customers accounts. So u could walk in but u may not be able to get it in the store level as well. Better to call in before. That's always the best thing to do.

I did state this in my first post on page one that business and corporate customers accounts may take longer to get their devices as its always been like this.