Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Hello @Scionergy

Well considering last year was the first year they brought the 64GB model due to the no SD card slot and will be the last year since they brought it back. Honestly its better than way as i see if they brought the 64GB model out, it would be more expensive.
I've Been Around

I havent seen anything on the rogers website about everyone gettin a free VR headset - Is this a definite thing with rogers or are only certain companies giving these away with renewals and upgrades?

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @gfygfygf

Its on their main page, wireless page, Facebook page, Promotion page as listed above. So they are doing the offer.
I'm Here A Lot

I live in Calgary and there's a Samsung Experience Store in Edmonton (which is 300km away). I don't mind driving up to place my order and deposit... but does anyone know would they be kind enough to mail me the phone and everything?

I am currently #84 with Rogers and I just want to buy it outright... 

Thanks in advance.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @MinkiMeowMeow

Unfortunately I don't think they will. They will ask u to pick the device up in store so u can pay the rest.

You can buy it outright but via Rogers you won't get the Gear VR unless u open a account and close it a couple weeks later OR go to the Samsung store, put down a deposit and pay the rest when u pick the device up.
I'm Here A Lot

@Meowmix Thanks! I guess if I do get the 128GB Micro SD and the Gear VR it's worth the $100 in gas...

Plus, I don't have to worry about Rogers "accidentally" screw up and take away my 6GB Super Plan that's now grandfathered... 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @MinkiMeowMeow

Glad to hear!. Yeah i have a 128GB SD card from Samsung which I'll be using. The Gear VR is great to have as well. Thankfully I have a 10GB data plan so I don't need to worry but i do remember when I did have the 6GB plan a while back. I had to call in each time to make sure it wasn't removed when doing a upgrade.
I'm Here A Lot

@Meowmix I just called the Samsung Experience Store because I was planning on driving up tomorrow early in the morning. It looks like they started a list for us folks in Calgary. 

The only thing with this list is that it's not guaranteed that you would get the free stuff (the 128GB micro SD and the Gear VR), they would give you a call closer to the launch date. You would still have to drive up to pick up and pay for the phone. When I called they said there's about 10 people on the list right now.

I wouldn't get anything if I buy the phone from Rogers anyway, so I am giving the list a shot. I would probably cancel my pre-order with Rogers when Samsung calls me to confirm, closer to the launch date.

Well, thank you Samsung for saving me $50 on gas. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @MinkiMeowMeow

Not bad. I just got the card for free from work as a gift lol. Honestly that's your best bet if you want to get the free gift.