Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

According to the CRTC:

Did you receive a phone or other device at a reduced upfront price (a "device subsidy")? Yes

-The fee cannot be greater than the amount of your device subsidy.

So,  Sign Rogers contract, recieve phone and GearVR in store.  Call 611 and cancel contract.  Pay remaining subsidy,  Walk away with phone and VR.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @pmseguin752

Greasy to here!. Yeah so do i 😉
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Bcsc

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that... While yes You can go on contract and then cancel and pay the remaining balance and a disconnecting fee and ur last month's bill. That's all. BUT you must remain on a contract for 15/30 days. In order to get the Gear VR headset it won't ship to you AFTER 10 days of having the account open. So you will have to keep the account open until u get it and then cancel it and pay it off.

"Those interested in scoring one will have to act fast as the fine print on Bell’s website states, “Offer ends March 7, 2016. Available with new activation or upgrade on a 2-yr term with a Plus plan. Must activate device by April 11, 2016. Allow 10 business days after activation for shipment of Samsung Gear VR."

So you see even Bell has this policy. So before ranting about Rogers, Bell and Telus are doing the same. Go check out their websites if you don't believe me and check out Mobilesyrup as well.

I've Been Around

how do you tell what nunber you are? If my order number is 48xxxx does that mean I have no chance of getting the gear VR?
I Plan to Stick Around

@temp456 wrote:
how do you tell what nunber you are? If my order number is 48xxxx does that mean I have no chance of getting the gear VR?

It tells you on your device reservation page. So there may be shortcuts, but I got to MyRogers, click on my phone number, scroll down and click on Device Reservation. Then it brings me to a different page and shows me my number. For example, mine:

Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 08.06.17.png

I Plan to Stick Around

No. 8 for S7 Edge....🙂

I'm not one for sticking up for Rogers, but a free Gear VR was bound to come with conditions.  I also believe it was a stipulation from Samsung.  Not sure we can blame Rogers for this one; can't believe I said that.

Now if only Canadian carriers would drop their data charges!

Oh right, some dreams don't come true.  

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @temp456

Go into My Rogers - Products And Services -Device Reservation and in that page it show you your number. That number is Canada wide and yes you will get the Gear VR!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mrfbaggins

Agreed. Just because Samsung said " FREE Gear VR" doesn't mean it won't have conditions and terms like any other product u get for free. Samsung and the carriers make a agreement for it.

Agreed on ur second part!!

I'm Here A Lot

When I reserved I did not see option for 32 or 64 gb? just color and model?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @kaos013

For which model? All S7 and S7 Edge have 32GB model. The edge only comes in black