cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

I am happy to announce that Samsung this morning announced the Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge!. Both device's seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and more!! 

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy S7 &S7 Edge to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung S7 Black, S7 Silver or S7 Edge Black. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

EDIT - As of tomorrow February 22nd the reservations system will open for us to reserve the device!. There is no time unfortunately.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help :). 

1,055 REPLIES 1,055

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Kay_Boogie

Call and have them set one aside for you if they can!. Easier that way!

Kay_Boogie
I plan to stick around
Thanks guys! 😊

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Kay_Boogie

You are welcome! 🙂

OmarQ
I've been here awhile

I have been calling Rogers like mad and there are no signs of any other colours coming for the S7 Edge. This is total garbage! Why are we stuck with that bland black colour????

Kay_Boogie
I plan to stick around
I went to the Samsung Store and got the silver s7 edge today. The store says Samsung will never releasever the other colours to the service providers

OmarQ
I've been here awhile
Perhaps that is the case. However, I can't justify $899.99 for a phone, even with the $125 old phone trade-in that Samsung is offering. I don't see how this kind of exclusivity would benefit Samsung. There might be another reason behind the black only Edge policy.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Kay_Boogie

In the US they do have them in different colors I believe. In Canada we always lag back and never get the colors.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @OmarQ

No point of keep calling. You are wasting their time and your time. The colors most likely won't come. Samsung Canada either has a exclusive on all the colors to be on their end and only for unlocked devices or don't want carriers to get them so they won't release them. It seems Samsung has lost its touch.

adamnur
I've been here awhile

Has Rogers disabled bluetooth tethering on the edge? On internation versions the option is available but it is not on mine.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @adamnur

We don't have the same model as the international does. So they have some stuff we don't in Canada. It's not Rogers here.. This is something Samsung has disabled unfortunately.

holdened
I plan to stick around

does anyone have problems with their rogers signal being lost or disappearing sometimes? I had mine for a while and Rogers sent me a new s7 edge phone and so far its been good. I hope it doesn't have the problem again.

Also anyone know if s7 edge has a glass screen protector? Cant justify myself paying almost $40 to Best Buy for that plastic clear SP

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @holdened

Mine did that in the start. Late on when I got the update it went away ( a month or so ago update). Also i did a factory reset after the update so maybe that fixed it.

Have you checked online to see if Amazon is selling them? I got it from Best Buy and like it so far.

holdened
I plan to stick around
hmm I see.. I did and yeah might order it from online! This looks to be good https://www.amazon.ca/Protector-MoKo-Explosion-Samsung-Smartphone/dp/B01AJOYRBY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&q...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @holdened

That does look good!

holdened
I plan to stick around
thanks! Do u know if I can get a glass tempered SP is selling anywhere in Vancouver for S7 Edge? Asked around Rogers store and BestBuy but not available. And also when you return a s7 edge unit, do u just return the phone itself?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @holdened

If you want to return the device and get another one, you will need to return the device, accesories and box and everything you got when u get the device when upgrading.

Unfortunately no i don't since I live in Toronto. 😞

marpjckmen
I've been around

Very interesting and rewarding. many thanks I love it

so nice today

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @marpjckmen

Enjoy! 🙂

Rut1234
I've been around

Why has rogers disabled the Fm radio on the s7?
The s7 sold by Samsung and by every provider in the united states supports it.
How can this be enabled?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Rut1234

Unfortunately call carriers nd manufactures have disabled the FM chip. Sadly there is no way of enabling it.

jaymo76
I've been here awhile

Silly question here but...

I just ordered two s7 galaxy phones to upgrade from my previous LG phones from 4 years ago.  In the box there are new SIM cards.  Are the SIM CARDS already set up and simply need to be instereted or do I have to go to rogers.com and activate the new ones and deactivate the old ones?  I've never ordered online before so I'm new to this.

Any help is appreciated.  Thank you!