Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

I have bought two different unlocked S7E from the Samsung Store for use on Rogers; initially I have the store added the IMEI on to my Rogers account but unfortunately voLTE still is not functional despite numerous factory resets; I called Rogers and they stated both of my phones were not a Rogers phone, as such, voLTE won't work. What a bummer.

I Plan to Stick Around

Pardon my noobness what's volte
I Plan to Stick Around

Voice Over LTE Network - for faster and clearer calls.

I Plan to Stick Around

Ohhhhh 😅
I Plan to Stick Around

yep. same here.. Rogers is deliberately blocking non rogers phones from volte to punish customers who chose to purchase photos outside of rogers universe.. whats sad is they don't even have a target date for volte to be unblocked... ONLY ROGERS HAS THIS ISSUE!
I Plan to Stick Around

Very disappointed to say the least...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @kavkaz

That is incorrect. Your post makes no sense what's so ever to say the least. Bell doesn't have Volte working on none Bell S7 devices. I work for a company which sells all carrier branded devices and can assure u we have customers complaining about them, Telus, fido and Rogers that can't work.

They are entitled blocking it to "punish" customers that by none Rogers devices. As i said many times, the Apple iPhone had a problem with it unlocked so they took their time fixing it. Same goes with the Samsung devices as well. They have to make sure all works well with unlocked devices before they let the Volte work on non Rogers devices.

I have a unlocked S7 my self and a Rogers branded S7 edge and can tell you while yes it's a bit frustrating that the S7 can not get voLte at the moment, I am not going to sit here and argue about it until they get it up and working so it doesn't have issues. I rather have a device that works then a decide that has issues without checking it before hand.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RNEric

The update for that will come soon. It took the iPhone lineup to get it 2 months after launch to make sure all goes well.
I Plan to Stick Around

I just happened to bump into this thread when broswing around and certainly did not look thru. 100 pages of information. So Rogers has confirmed that they will be addressing this issue?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RNEric

They have said that they are in the works on getting it fixed but their main priority is their branded devices which all companies do. It takes time from what i noticed to get it running on non branded devices.